The simFlight Network Forums

5 hours ago, MJKERR said:

Does not work with EGLL, a departure runway has to be included

You need to add the commands to your tower3d.rec file or use EliGrim's modified tower3d.rec file for the voice commands to work.

Just to be sure:

1. I installed a clean version of the game
  2. Added EGLL
  3. Tested the commands

Sure enough, the new commands did not work. So then:

1. I downloaded EliGrim's modified tower3d.rec file
  2. Replaced the original tower3d.rec file with the modified tower3d.rec file
  3. Tested the commands

And, just like that the new commands did work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crbascott said:

Line up and wait without specifying a runway definitely does not follow FAA standards. Can’t speak to other agencies.

I am pretty sure that it also does not meet the standards of other agencies. However, I would like to emphasize that this is not the goal of the modified REC file.

The goal is to make all voice commands that the game understands available to the players. Whether they are realistic or not is secondary.

As far as I know, you would not attach wind information to a landing permission. The landing permission would be called as the essential part of the instruction at the end, after any wind and other information. However, the game only allows it the other way around. Nevertheless, this command is in the REC mod.
One would probably also not combine wind information with a line up or append detailed taxi instructions to a pushback command, which may not be realistic, but helpful if you want to challenge yourself with an unrealistically high number of flights.

As I said, the sole purpose here is to make the new and modified / extended commands available to the players. A player who values realism will most likely only use commands that are as close to real life as possible.
However, in my opinion, this does not mean that not all players should be able to have access to all commands that the game understands, regardless of whether a player decides to use them or not.
Every player has to decide that for him or herself.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

The goal is to make all voice commands that the game understands available to the players. Whether they are realistic or not is secondary.

You’re reading way too much into my comment, I was only referring to that particular command just in case people were unsure of its practical use. I have no desire to review each command for realism.

53 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

The landing permission would be called as the essential part of the instruction at the end, after any wind and other information. However, the game only allows it the other way around. Nevertheless, this command is in the REC mod.

Yep, well aware of this lack of realism as I’m the one who came up with this “mod”.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/83894-increased-realism/?do=findComment&comment=507090

44 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

As I said, the sole purpose here is to make the new and modified / extended commands available to the players. A player who values realism will most likely only use commands that are as close to real life as possible.

As I said, I was only speaking to the single command for those who prefer realism but are not quite up to speed on FAA standards.

46 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

However, in my opinion, this does not mean that not all players should be able to have access to all commands that the game understands, regardless of whether a player decides to use them or not.
Every player has to decide that for him or herself.

You kinda lost me here, too many nots. 😀  But I agree with your last statement.

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, crbascott said:

You kinda lost me here, too many nots. 😀

Not does not not have the potential to become my new favorite word! 😁
(I have to admit that there is a possibility that double negatives are not that common in the English language.)

tower3d.rec mod and reference card updated

• Option added to use a taxiway entry when using TAXI TO RUNWAY.

1 hour ago, EliGrim said:

tower3d.rec mod and reference card updated

• Option added to use a taxiway entry when using TAXI TO RUNWAY.

Now that you've updated the card again, I thought I'd let you know that "callsign TAXI TO RUNWAY runway" will work with all ATs and VIAs that "callsign RUNWAY runway#" does as they both call the same function with everything after the word RUNWAY as their parameters. Of course an entry for each variation needs to be added to the REC file for them to work.

note: This is only for "AT", "VIA" and "TAXI VIA", other commands starting with "callsign RUNWAY runway#" call different functions.

Edited by WildCard
added note.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Of course an entry for each variation needs to be added to the REC file for them to work.

File is updated.

TAXI TO RUNWAY should now have the same functionality as RUNWAY, including the use of a runway as taxiway in second position in the taxi instructions, with the exception that I have excluded a double naming of TAXI, so it can only be called VIA and not TAXI VIA when TAXI TO RUNWAY is used.

This means that the following can be used:

• CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1
  • CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1, AT T1
  • CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1, VIA T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6
  • CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1, VIA T1, R2, T3, T4, T5, T6
  • CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1, AT T1, VIA T2, T3, T4, T5, T6
  • CALLSIGN, TAXI TO RUNWAY R1, AT T1, VIA T2, R2, T4, T5, T6

For lack of space, however, I will not write the individual options in the reference card.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brief notice:
Due to update and maintenance work on the server, there may be downtimes on August 21 between 9am and 4pm UTC in which the Tools Websites will be unavailable.
All scripts are ready for the new software/database versions and therefore I do not expect any problems following the server work.

Reference Card Appx. for GA "TYPE" from Schedule Builder added to first post

Almost nobody does it, but those who do will certainly have noticed that the aircraft designators in the callsign for GA flights are sometimes difficult to understand from the pilots when creating a schedule with GA flights in the Schedule Builder using the GA callsign phonetics type "type".

So that you are not forced to always take a look at the gaandlocaltraffic.txt or use the Schedule Information Tool Website, I have now made a list as PDF with all the a/c identifiers that the pilots might use.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @shebo,

With Custom Schedule Creator, you have to do it yourself. It gives you all the tools to create schedules from scratch. You basically have control over every single flight, but you also have to create resp. insert them yourself.
https://creator.eligrim.de

With Schedule Builder, schedules are generated dynamically based on your specifications. Here you can specify, among other things, how many movements per hour you want to have. The process should be quite self-explanatory; otherwise there is more information available via the small question mark next to each settings option. The creation of the schedule, the terminal file, etc. then happens automatically.
Please note that airports published after KSEA are not supported in Schedule Builder.
https://builder.eligrim.de

2 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

With Custom Schedule Creator, you have to do it yourself. It gives you all the tools to create schedules from scratch. You basically have control over every single flight, but you also have to create resp. insert them yourself.
https://creator.eligrim.de

when i made by myself i cant appropriate distribution of all airlines and also made huge number of arrival and departure 

is there any external website/tool to can take it as guide when create schedule 

2 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

in the game you can only put a airline by terminal not gate we don't have the ability to assign a airline to a certain gate so we just assign the airline to the terminal 

not in session i talk about schedule creator 

7 minutes ago, shebo said:

not in session i talk about schedule creator 

when you are doing a schedule you can only assign a airline to a certain terminal like example terminal a gates 1-3 is assined to united. but dou to the game restrictions we cant do that we only have the ability  to assign like exapmle terminal a- untied   

2 minutes ago, Braf123456 said:

when you are doing a schedule you can only assign a airline to a certain terminal like example terminal a gates 1-3 is assined to united. but dou to the game restrictions we cant do that we only have the ability  to assign like exapmle terminal a- untied   

i know that clearly 

what i need a guide to how to assign airlines to terminals to avoid crowdness same as in original terminal file in tower3d pro

EX:

Terminal_GA: GA
Terminal_A_N: DAL 
Terminal_A_S: DAL
Terminal_B_N: DAL
Terminal_B_S: DAL
Terminal_C_N: DAL,SWA,BTQ,EDV,ASQ,RPA,AWI
Terminal_C_S: DAL,SWA,BTQ,EDV,ASQ,RPA,AWI
Terminal_D_N: ASA,AAL,DAL,FFT,JBU,NKS,SKW,ASH
Terminal_D_S: ASA,AAL,DAL,FFT,JBU,NKS,SKW,ASH
Terminal_E_N: AFR,BAW,DAL,JBU,KLM,COA,DLH,QTR,THY,VIR,KAL
Terminal_E_S: AFR,BAW,DAL,JBU,KLM,COA,DLH,QTR,THY,VIR,KAL
Terminal_F: ACA,AFR,BAW,DAL,KLM,COA,DLH,QTR,SWA,THY,VIR
Terminal_T_N: AAL,DAL,UAL
Terminal_T_S: AAL,DAL,UAL
Terminal_Cargo_N: UPS,FDX
Terminal_Cargo_S: ABX

8 minutes ago, shebo said:

i know that clearly 

what i need a guide to how to assign airlines to terminals to avoid crowdness same as in original terminal file in tower3d pro

EX:

oh ok

13 minutes ago, shebo said:

i know that clearly 

EX:

@EliGrim

2 hours ago, shebo said:
  1. no gate/terminal information in both

As mentioned previously, I use flightera.net
If you have the flight numbers, then you can search by month
This will show you the aircraft, terminal and stand number

As Tower 3D does not perform local movements; add / remove aircraft between Terminals, stands, remote stands, maintenance and so on
Creating a spreadsheet with each stand and then each flight, avoids overlap
Equally, you may find you are unable to add certain flights
I had this with EGLL, so removed two British Airways destinations from Terminal 3
There was a similar issue with Terminal 2 and Terminal 4, as many of the international flights have a long layover time, so block stands either after arrival or before departure

3 hours ago, shebo said:

As for Custom Schedule Creator...

Once you have filled your schedule with flights, click on EDIT TERMINAL FILE. You will then see this page:

t3df_sc_sq0.jpg.2159c42858fb8a33cb0212406255d90f.jpg

Choose if you want to use data from the RT AddOn or start with an empty terminal file. For this example I chose START FRESH to start with an empty "file".

t3df_sc_sq1.jpg.7d23c8ce063d300488eb56d3baa0d673.jpg
Airlines not yet assigned are displayed with a light yellow background. Click on a terminal to which you want to assign an airline, then click on the airline and save your changes. (The number of gates or a/c stands of every terminal is shown in parentheses.)

To find out which airline is served at which terminal in the real world, you need to ask the Internet via a search engine of your choice. @MJKERR has shown one way. FlightAware also offers gate information. Then a search for "[Airport name] Terminal Map" helps to find out which terminal the gate is mapped to.

I hope this helps you.

Very soon there will be the introductory video for the Schedule Creator even if "life" seems to enjoy interrupting whenever I try to finish the video.

15 hours ago, EliGrim said:

As for Custom Schedule Creator...

Once you have filled your schedule with flights, click on EDIT TERMINAL FILE. You will then see this page:

t3df_sc_sq0.jpg.2159c42858fb8a33cb0212406255d90f.jpg

Choose if you want to use data from the RT AddOn or start with an empty terminal file. For this example I chose START FRESH to start with an empty "file".

t3df_sc_sq1.jpg.7d23c8ce063d300488eb56d3baa0d673.jpg
Airlines not yet assigned are displayed with a light yellow background. Click on a terminal to which you want to assign an airline, then click on the airline and save your changes. (The number of gates or a/c stands of every terminal is shown in parentheses.)

To find out which airline is served at which terminal in the real world, you need to ask the Internet via a search engine of your choice. @MJKERR has shown one way. FlightAware also offers gate information. Then a search for "[Airport name] Terminal Map" helps to find out which terminal the gate is mapped to.

I hope this helps you.

Very soon there will be the introductory video for the Schedule Creator even if "life" seems to enjoy interrupting whenever I try to finish the video.

thanks apricate your help @EliGrim

• Like 1