The simFlight Network Forums

Tower 3D Request

mechajames

On 12/25/2017 at 1:00 PM, mechajames said:

Good Afternoon.

I was wondering if anyone knew weather there are any UK/Euro airports in the pipeline for Tower3D.

I am from the UK and would love to see Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester, Edinburgh added to the list of future airports addons.

from what I have seen they are going through the maps that are in 2011 and remaking them for 3D

I'd love to see this as we have so many different aircraft and interesting ones coming in from Europe.
The US airports are all about the main aircraft liveries American Airlines, Delta, United & Jet Blue, this gets abit repetitive after a while, Boston & JFK being a little more exciting due to international flights.
I'm not sure if it's just a design for the game so it's not too big or there is actually not many US airline companies i don't know as I've unfortunately never been to the US, but even the small single runway airport near me has loads more different liveries coming in and out.

23 hours ago, rick_valentine said:

I'd love to see this as we have so many different aircraft and interesting ones coming in from Europe.
The US airports are all about the main aircraft liveries American Airlines, Delta, United & Jet Blue, this gets abit repetitive after a while, Boston & JFK being a little more exciting due to international flights.
I'm not sure if it's just a design for the game so it's not too big or there is actually not many US airline companies i don't know as I've unfortunately never been to the US, but even the small single runway airport near me has loads more different liveries coming in and out.

it will be nice to see more of the international carriers. Like BAW British Airways and UAE Emirates plus many more. all we need to do is wait now

On 28/12/2017 at 7:50 AM, FeelThere_AJ said:

Hey ml0130,

Yes, We are going through the 2D maps and remaking them for 3D, but we may add some surprise soon.

Thank you,

AJ

Sounds great.  Being from the UK it would be great to see some non-US airports especially the UK ones but this will only be really effective if Real Colors get the correct airliner and paint work up to speed as well. To see these airports added and see a bunch of vanilla white airliners would not be great and ruin the experience. Real Traffic needs to be reflective to real world as well.

For somewhere like Heathrow, Paris CDG, Amsterdam etc most would already be covered as the major non USA airlines already fly into the current US released airports but for somewhere like Gatwick (would be a real challenge with only one runway) and even Manchester a lot of smaller Low Cost carriers would need to be added (Ryanair, Easyjet, Flybe, Vueling, TUi, WOW, etc).

G

• 7 months later...