The simFlight Network Forums

[v4.5 - Microsoft Flight Simulator] FlightControlReplay v4.5 compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator with Enhanced version

Hello Fabio, thank you very much, fantastic software !!!

MSFS2020, W10  : everything works perfect here too  : )

could you help me just for one thing in my system :

i only have the choice of 60fps in the parameter video recording alpha,

cannot choose or write any other fps number in the box

any idea ?

view1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alex6 said:

Hello Fabio, thank you very much, fantastic software !!!

MSFS2020, W10  : everything works perfect here too  : )

could you help me just for one thing in my system :

i only have the choice of 60fps in the parameter video recording alpha,

cannot choose or write any other fps number in the box

any idea ?

view1.jpg

Hi thank you for your congrats !! I m very happy for this FCR !!! 

This option it is setting only for video rendering . In next updates in the future will arrive also more choices (90-120) . But I m testing it in these days !

remember that video rendering is to use for render video of a recorded flight , not render directly a live FreeFlight 😎

2 hours ago, flyfoxx said:

Hi Fabio,

The steps are as below:

1. I set up a flight in MSFS.  Click Ready to Fly and plane on the runway.

2. Start FCR and record.

3. After finished the flight and while plane still in the runway, I reload the flight to play back.

4. Playback went well with no issues.  I click the camcorder button to record video.  It asked me the save location.  I chose a location and click save.  The error message occurred.

Edit: My computer setup, if it helps:

Macbook Pro 16" with Windows 10 Pro in bootcamp (located in external SSD).  eGPU with RTX3070 in Razor Core X Chroma.

I have the same issue when using the VideoCam button in the main interface (similar error message). Additionally, in "Options" I cannot change the FPS dropdown menu from 60 to any other different value, it seems fixed to 60.

Would you mind explaining in more detail the steps needed to properly use the VideoCam button to record a video in mp4 format?.

Thanks, Ed

17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

I have the same issue when using the VideoCam button in the main interface (similar error message).

I too have the same issue. The codecs and all dependencies have been installed. Whenever I click on camcorder button 'during replay' and choose the filename, an error pops up.

5 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

- PLEASE OPEN THE RIGHT    FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAY.EXE FOR MSFS . This is placed is FLIGHTCONTROLREPLAYMSFS FOLDER 

One way to bypass this issue is to let the user select the correct version while installing (I only have MSFS2020, but I had to install all versions on my system).

4 hours ago, Rahul said:

Hey Fabio, Great job indeed. I followed your instructions and voila, no more crashes.

However I am not able to assign keyboard shortcuts for FCR buttons as mentioned in guide. There is no response or any changes on screen whatever the keys or combinations I press.

Capture.JPG

Hi!! 

do you need click assign button before you can configure and press the button 

2 hours ago, skytom said:

Hello Fabio!

I've got the problem that I also can not use the camcorder. I can choose my location and after that this error pops up https://ibb.co/c8VhVTX. I also installed all the thins from the readme, and all other functions do work. What am I doing wrong?

Tom

Did you installed the right codec ? Because this error it seems don’t found the codec

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

I have the same issue when using the VideoCam button in the main interface (similar error message). Additionally, in "Options" I cannot change the FPS dropdown menu from 60 to any other different value, it seems fixed to 60.

Would you mind explaining in more detail the steps needed to properly use the VideoCam button to record a video in mp4 format?.

Thanks, Ed

Yes Ed !

I try explain well :

1) record your flight as usual

2) load your replay

3) click video rendering button

4) choose file path and name

5) click play on fcr 

at this point you ll have framebyframe rendering. And framebyframe video codec start render . When you want stop press play to pause and click video rendering button . This button will be red now (from green) and you ll have your video file ready 

Please install the right codec you find in readme

Remember that video rendering is possible only using recorded flight and not during live FreeFlight

47 minutes ago, FabioMerlo said:

Yes Ed !

I try explain well :

1) record your flight as usual

2) load your replay

3) click video rendering button

4) choose file path and name

5) click play on fcr 

at this point you ll have framebyframe rendering. And framebyframe video codec start render . When you want stop press play to pause and click video rendering button . This button will be red now (from green) and you ll have your video file ready 

Please install the right codec you find in readme

Remember that video rendering is possible only using recorded flight and not during live FreeFlight

Got it, thanks!. Everything works fine for me, except this feature. Will try according to your steps. Nice utility, much needed to enjoy MSFS much more.

Thanks again, Ed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FabioMerlo said:

Did you installed Codec that are linked in readme ?

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for the pointer.  After installing the missing Codec x264vfw x64, the error message disappeared.  That's a good start!

I can now start replay, and start video recording.  However, while recording, something strange happened.  The plane was flying very very slowly (you can noticed it was moving frame by frame), but the background objects such and cars and windmills moved at normal speed.  After rendering like 20 seconds, the video file plays everything in normal speed, but the total length is only about 3 seconds.  I hope what I said make sense to you.

Will keep exploring and report back.

• Like 1

Hi Fabio,

Upon further testing, the video rendering did indeed show some anomalies/ strange behaviours.

When recording a playback flight, the plane appeared in super slow motion (as if it is being rendered frame by frame), while other background objects such as cars and waves moved in normal speed.

After recording, when I played back the mp4 file, the opposite happened.  The plane moved in normal speed, while the background objects moved in super fast speed.

Please see the video file in the link.  Thanks for your help in advanced.

Sample Video File

Hello!,

so I installed the right codec, but when I wanna start a replay it tells me now that this elemnt is already added. I just can not install Framework 3.5 Sp1 this does not open for me... but I got framework 4.0. The Direct X link in read me also does not work, but I downloaded from somewhere, but still it does not work. What can I do?

Tom

6 minutes ago, skytom said:

Hello!,

so I installed the right codec, but when I wanna start a replay it tells me now that this elemnt is already added. I just can not install Framework 3.5 Sp1 this does not open for me... but I got framework 4.0. The Direct X link in read me also does not work, but I downloaded from somewhere, but still it does not work. What can I do?

Tom

So now this error pops up: https://ibb.co/Yk6D1xB

15 minutes ago, alex6 said:

Hello,

in the codec parameters panel: select VFW and not "file" ..... if it is file by default.

try that, ...  let us know : )

codec.gif

Hello alex, thanks for your reply, but Im on VFW and still my error pops up. Do I have to change something else in these encoder configuration, or do I have to activate him or smt like this? Thanks for your help,

Tom

1 minute ago, skytom said:

Hello alex, thanks for your reply, but I ist on VFW and still my error pops up. Do I have to change something else in these encoder configuration, or do I have to activate him or smt like this? Thanks for your help,

Tom

before I forget it, my camcorder icon also NOT turns green, I dont know what im doing wrong

Fabio,

Thank you for your dedication to this project.  I have written complex software programs myself and understand the work involved.  Your task has been further complicated by having to interface with 3 different flightsim platforms.

Initial release of the program seems to work well with MSFS.  There are a few problem areas but those will be identified and fixed.

In my opinion, you should open a bottle of wine and take a few days off !

Here are some features I would like to see later on in the future, controls that turn on off and move as you did when you first did the flight, pushback tug catering truck gate and baggage showing at the right time, also Apu and engine fire ups, lights that turn on at the time you turned before, a converter to save the replay and watch in videos, and live traffic.