The simFlight Network Forums

SPEECH ISSUES

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

The forum is getting a bit out of hand, people opening new and new topics for speech.
From now we will use this single topics to discuss speech and all other will be locked and directed to this one.

Please make sure to report the following with your initial report otherwise we will delete it to make it clean and readable both for you who needs help and for us who try to help.

SYSTEM LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH(US)*************CHECKED
CORTANA IS WORKING AND YOU CAN TALK TO IT*****CHECKED
SPEECH IS TRAINED************************************CHECKED
SET UP YOUR MICROPHONE (SCREENSHOT IS BELOW)***CHECKED
TOWER3D.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE*********CHECKED
MAKE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON TO TALK TO TOWER3D***CHECKED
IF YOU RUN ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MAKE SURE TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS IN TRUSTED MODE**CHECKED
MAKE SURE THE COMMAND YOU ISSUE USES THE EXACT SYNTAX AS IT IS IN THE MANUAL***CHECKED

If it still fails:

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE ENGLISH(US) VOICEPACK (LINK BELOW)***CHECKED
SOUND DRIVER IS THE LATEST*************************CHECKED
MICROPHONE IS WORKING*****************************CHECKED
TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE *** CHECKED

if it still fails

USE A USB MICROPHONE************************************CHECKED
US VOICE PACK REINSTALLED (instruction further above)*** CHECKED

if all fails

POST ALL THE SCREENSHOTS WE POSTED EARLIER IN THIS TOPIC*****CHECKED
GAME LOG AND SPEECH LOG POSTED***********************************CHECKED

Please do not take a screenshot and post the log files before you take these steps; we can see it from your log.

Please visit this link https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/change-cortanas-voice-windows-10
It will guide you through to install English (UK) but obviously we need you to add English (US)
If you already have English (US) skip to Step 10 otherwise please make sure you add English (US) 

Please train the the computer by selecting the "Train your computer to understand you better" (please see the screenshot below).

How to get game and speech.log: launch the game by using the tower.bat file (instead of the exe). Try to play as normal but once you realize the speech doesn't work, quit. WITHOUT RELAUNCHING THE GAME save the generated game.log and speech.log and post it here. You can find these log files in the main Tower3D directory (next to the tower.exe and tower.bat files. If they are not there then you have some permission issue with the Tower folder itself which can be also the cause of the problem. Please make sure to give read/write and Admin permission to this folder).
What happens if they are too big; use usendit or dropbox or any other services to upload the files and give us the link.

IF YOUR REPORT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE REQUIRED INFORMATION WE WILL DELETE IT WITHOUT ANSWERING TO AVOID CLUTTER.

Thank you

Vic

IMG_02082017_175221_0.png

IMG_10082017_135517_0.png

Hello everyone:

Just thought I would add to this discussion as it may help someone here in the future.

WINDOWS 10 owners with REALTEK HD Audio ( Issue - VERY LOW MIC VOLUME LEVELS):

I have an Asus X-99 Deluxe motherboard with RealTek and Win10 Pro. I have an excellent AntLion microphone that was just never loud enough to get voice recognition to work. After some detective work I discovered that it is common to have abnormally low mic levels with the above PC configuration. Even max volume and mic boost doesn't really get you there, not to mention it sounds terrible!

Unfortunately, if any of you DO have Win 10 and a RealTek HD setup, I have been unable to find a work-around or fix. Using drivers straight from RealTek didn't help, nor did an earlier one from Asus. There may be some solution out there, but I have yet to find it. I felt maybe this will help someone to move on in another direction if it applies to you.

My Personal Solution: I ended up purchasing a Blue Yeti 4-way desktop mic (that I can use for future podcasting, etc.) as a stand-in. I had just bought Tower!3D Pro August 4th and was peeved that I could not get voice recognition up and running. Anyway, using the Cardioid setting with gain at ~70% did the trick. I spent about an hour "teaching" Win 10 my voice with the training sessions. You can do them again and again to help refine the VR. I am very happy with the results so far in Tower!3D Pro.

I know a desktop mic isn't the recommended solution for VR, but I have HiFiMan HE-560 headphones that are absolutely superb, so a separate mic is a must for me. Honestly, I don't have any issues with external noise ruining the recognition, even with my PC's noticeable fan noise.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Edited by Pdubya

I also had isseus but i solved them and now i am also able to stream/record with OBS.

First i started to clean up my laptop. So i Removed and installed a complete new version of Windows 10.

Main reason i removed I cleaned up my laptop is that some programs may cause troubles with voice recognation, but to figure out wich programms causing those problems where impossible to do.

After i installed a new version of Windows 10, i also updated my bios and i installed only the drivers from the manurfacture company of my laptop.

You just go to the support site of the manufacture of you pc/ laptop and there you can find them.

Then you do your set-up for speech recognation as told in post 1.

Mainly when you are having a pc or laptop what is a bit older installing the basic things will give you the best set-up.

When you then install a programm and you getting problems with voice recognation then you know verry fast wich programm is giving isseus.

It works for me, but be carefull with updating your Bios, if you don`t know how to do it, dont try it, when doing it wrong, your complete laptop of pc wont work anymore.

Good luck.

Thought I'd post this as it might help others.  Yesterday voice recognition started working for me.  When you load up an airport you have to wait about 15-20 seconds for the game to hook onto your voice recognition software.  That seems to be the case for me.  So if anyone has issues with voice recog not working, just wait a moment then try it.

On 8/15/2017 at 1:07 PM, Kl408 said:

Another thing to try since it happens a lot using steam is to disable the steam overlay in-game...

That might help..

Grtz

Willem

I agree with Willem on this one. I have had a few times where the Steam overlay in-game caused some really odd issues, and since the vast majority of people don't really need it waiting available just..in..case, send it to the cleaners!

10 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Please post all the steps and settings with screenshots you took so we can see everything before we move to check your log. As you see all these problems are related to user's settings so from now we ask you to post all the screenshots so we can see that you set your computer up correctly.

Thank you

Vic

Okay, i have some images. Please let me know if this is the information you need, and if not i will get some more for you

sDNReK.jpg

UQMsHK.jpg

HSu95K.jpg

5Dsy6H.jpg

cH1QNv.jpg

UFczLV.jpg

• 2 months later...

If You have a MSI Mobo or Nahimic audio software and I imagine yes, You have to disable Nahimic and it's services running in background.
NahimicVRsrv32(64).exe - there are two of them. Nahimic is software equalizer for Realtek Audio, it takes the input of the mic but doesn't give it further to game engine.
I found this after latest update of Nahimic drivers with Realtek.

Ok. Had the same problem previously. My solution (W10, no extra speech software): select English (United States) and Microsoft David Mobile in Settings/Speech and use female voice in Tower3D. It work then and stil works now after update today.

IdefixRC,

I had similar issues which were caused by Kaspersky.  They were immediately fixed when I selected towerspeakbridge.exe as a Kaspersky Trusted Application. I can't remember how I did that but I easily found the solution via Google searching for 'Kaspersky add trusted application'.

I hope it helps you, but if not .... I tried!

Wayne 

Dear Folks,

As we earlier said this speech issue happens less than 1% of our customers however we don't want to give up on these small number of fans either so we ran another personalized test with a few of you. We concluded it's pretty much always either an user error or a broken Windows/language pack issue.
We learned that it is VERY important to read which button triggers the microphone. The old habit from T!2011 of pushing the TAB button wont work.
We were able to identify one more serious issue. Looks like (for some unknown reasons) for many of you the language pack is broken. Please reinstall it by installing a new language pack, removing the US one and then reinstalling the US pack again. I know it's pain on the b.tt but it has absolutely nothing to do with Tower!3D Pro.

Thank you

Vic

I am glad to report my issue has been solved. For those that had my issue(On page 3 and on), after trying everything else stated by FeelThere and others on this thread, get a mic/headset that connects/plugs in through your USB port. I was messaged by another user on here that stated the game likes USB vs aux ports. I got a USB gaming headset today, configured it, and the speech on the game works perfectly now. @FeelThere my apologies for raising such a fuss. But, hopefully this post will help peeps solve issues. It is a weird fix, but it worked for me. 

Thank you so much Echelon for reporting back.
We totally understand each and every customer's frustration and we also understand although the technology is there yet but voice recognition is pretty new for all of us on computers and often Tower!3D is the the first time we set up such a feature on Windows and it's not really the most straightforward thing to do.

On the other hand we checked so many logs and reports we are very confident about the robustness of our engine but it's difficult to tell an unhappy customer the problem lies in his/here system.

Once again I appreciate for reporting back to us.

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Folks,

To make this topic somehow useful please follow this checklist:

SYSTEM LANGUAGE SET TO ENGLISH(US)*************CHECKED
CORTANA IS WORKING AND YOU CAN TALK TO IT*****CHECKED
SPEECH IS TRAINED************************************CHECKED
TOWER3D.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE*********CHECKED
MAKE SURE TO USE THE SHIFT BUTTON TO TALK TO TOWER3D***CHECKED
IF YOU RUN ANY ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE MAKE SURE TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS IN TRUSTED MODE**CHECKED
MAKE SURE THE COMMAND YOU ISSUE USES THE EXACT SYNTAX AS IT IS IN THE MANUAL***CHECKED

If it still fails:

SOUND DRIVER IS THE LATEST*************************CHECKED
MICROPHONE IS WORKING*****************************CHECKED
TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE IS LAUNCHED IN ADMIN MODE *** CHECKED

if it still fails

USE A USB MICROPHONE************************************CHECKED
US VOICE PACK REINSTALLED (instruction further above)*** CHECKED

if all fails

POST ALL THE SCREENSHOTS WE POSTED EARLIER IN THIS TOPIC*****CHECKED
GAME LOG AND SPEECH LOG POSTED***********************************CHECKED

Please do not take a screenshot and post the log files before you take these steps; we can see it from your log.

From now any post that misses these information and the required screenshots and log files will be deleted without further notice.

Thank you

Vic & Team

Kenneth Axi

Sorry but don't know what to say to help. It was a pain in the bum getting voice recognition to work but once it did then I have had no problems. I can only suggest going through the voice training again and pronouncing as clearly as you can.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry. I am no expert and I have had a few problems of my own.

Windows 10 - you need to make sure the time and language settings are correct. The two boxes in country and region need to be set at US. Speech setting needs to be US English. Suggest you try with the box 'recognise non native accents'.

Make sure your microphone is set up properly. You will need to do that in control panel.

If you are a non US user you will need to change all the settings back and log out when you have finished with the sim otherwise it is all US i.e. dates wrong way round etc

Hope this helps. I struggled for ages and finally got it right by juggling the settings. Feel There are right when they say problems are usually settings issues but I cannot say I found them very helpful but then again they are dealing with many things

Looked at your game log and it says 'Fallback handler could not load library'. I don't know what that means but it could indicate something is in the wrong directory.

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Please help me....

The preferred male voice that was the tower has all of a sudden changed to this robotic sounding voice. I have not changed anything nor do I use the voice command.

I am running Tower 3d Pro with Real Traffic and colors for KLAX, etc. I have the updated sound card and there been no windows 10 updates to affect this. It happened approx. a week ago and have not been able to get the normal voice back. Have tried female and it too is robotic sounding. My speech log shows the David, Michael, Michelle, Zira but the settings in my windows 10 speech show Microsoft Richard which I'm sure is irrelevant but on some forum sites it looks like it should say Microsoft David. Not sure if this is the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated. ( Can't handle the robotic tower voice.)

Thank you in advance.

Stephen Nelson

• 1 month later...

Deleted per Moderators request I guess they thought I was trying to hijack the topic. My question is a voice-related question so I put it here. Will start a new post per moderators request.

Edited by Donnti

• 4 weeks later...

I am having quite a bit of issues. No matter what I've done, I still can't get my microphone to work. All of the requested files are in the Dropbox link below (since the files were too big). As a heads up, I have been running it as an administrator; I do have Realtek, but not the Nahimic plugin; I am using a USB Yeti microphone; my voice recognition works perfectly on all other programs; I have trained the voice recognition three times. I really hope it's an error on my end; I'd love to be able to use this to it's full potential! 

Dropbox