The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #6 -- KBOS ver. 1.0 -- Intro 2018

ATControl  -- Joe

What's up everyone, 

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules. 

You can find me at ATControl --- YouTube Home playing this game.

I have completed my 6th full day custom-schedule release -- featuring Boston Logan International Airport (KBOS).  This is being offered for FREE to the community. 

**Be sure to check out all my prior custom schedules for KLAX ver 1.0, KLAS, KLGA, KPHL & KLAX v2.0!

CUSTOM SCHEDULE #6 -- FULL day action from Boston (KBOS) -- Intro 2018.  A full day of flights.

#*#*#*#  It is critical to READ the README file -- This schedule is uniquely built and will not work with certain setups #*#*#*#

If you do not have the files at all -OR- need the updated files, you can visit my Dropbox and pick them up. 

**Please check back for edits to these drop box files.  If edits are made, notations will appear below with the date the edit was made and what was changed**

====================================================

Current schedule file -- 2/22/2018 at 11pm EST

====================================================

DROPBOX -- KBOS Custom Traffic Schedule ver 1.0 -- Intro 2018

bos.png.9349797e2ab4fcd7bfe0d02a66ffe9bc.png

#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
-- GOAL of the custom schedule is to eliminate huge gaps of no traffic at most times of the day.
-- GOAL of using REAL WORLD schedule from a set day with complete flight schedule, correct aircraft types, and gates.
#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

Features of this Intro 2018 v1.0 Custom (REAL) Schedule :

---Over 1166 Commercial Flights >>>  NO MORE MASSIVE GAPS with little to no traffic!  This schedule will KEEP YOU BUSY!!!!
---Over 125 General Aviation flights!!! with correct real-life operators and callsigns
  -- Learn the local/unique schedule of Cape Air - flying the Cessna 402 thoughtout each day
        ***Please be aware that KAP flights in the schedule WILL include duplicated flight numbers.  This is known and how the airline operates

-- Plan accordingly for smaller jets and their take-off and landing speeds
  -- Increased difficulty with a compact airport 
---Multiple runways cross each other -- determine the best way to manage traffic and not cause delays -- or accidents!
---Additional entries to include new cargo flights, Westjet Encore (ommitted from original schedule), and further lineups for JetBlue.
    ***Please be aware that some liveries may not show up on certain models of jets and will appear all white even with Real Traffic

Terminal Re-assignments -- Re-vamp to terminal assigments from those given by the developer

-- Relocated Cape Air flights to the GA terminal.  Why?  Because the airport was designed with only 2 "gates" that handle Cape Air flights.  In reality, Cape Air has a set space in front of the tower near Terminal C where 10+ Cessna 402's can be found at any given time.  The developer unfortunately did not offer this unique feature at Boston Logan, and the only the way to handle the amount of Cape Air flights is to run it out of the GA terminal.  

-- Removed all ExecJet flights and replaced at the GA area.  This move frees up two more terminal gates where normal airlines make use.

Reference info for your GA flight operators
===================================
Check the ReadME file for additional info

// Proper use of this CUSTOM schedule //

1.  ALWAYS make a folder on your computer, in an easy to find location, and COPY all files from both FEELTHERE folder
    and your source folder (ex. Steam Folder).  Schedules are in BOTH places and must be updated in BOTH places for it
    to work.  

2.  Once copied, Navigate to the airfields folder of BOTH tower folders and locate Boston.  
    **** Due to the unique amount of GA & Cape Air flights in BOS, this will NOT be a full schedule plug and play*** 
    **** The only way the full schedule will work on its own, is if you leave the GA traffic OUT***
    --- The files have been set up with "Plug n' Play Power Hours" from 600 all the way to 2200 hours.  If you play a time outside of 600-2200, the full schedule and GA traffic file will work
     1)  Before you plug the power hour schedule, be sure you plug in the NEW "kbos_airlines.txt" file that will provide you with
         new airline names and minor updates.  This file is good for my custom work or the developers RT file.  Keeping things current!
     2)  Pick your "Plug n' Play Power Hour" file and be sure to copy ALL 3 files (ga, schedule & terminal) file.   
     3)  Load in and control some traffic!  Good Luck!

HAPPY CONTROLLING !!!

• Thanks 1

• ATControl -- Joe changed the title to Custom (REAL) Traffic #6 -- KBOS ver. 1.0 -- Intro 2018
On 2/23/2018 at 2:35 AM, ATControl -- Joe said:

If you play a time outside of           600-2200, the full schedule and GA traffic file will work

You say above that, "the full schedule and GA traffic file will work outside of 600-2200."  Do you mean that the game defaults back to the original schedule during these times, or something else?  Sorry if I'm being dense, but after rereading it a couple of times, I just don't quite get it.

Andrew

4 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

You say above that, "the full schedule and GA traffic file will work outside of 600-2200."  Do you mean that the game defaults back to the original schedule during these times, or something else?  Sorry if I'm being dense, but after rereading it a couple of times, I just don't quite get it.

Andrew

It means that I have not created a plug n' play schedule for hours outside of that range i.e. you will need to plug in the full schedule and ga traffic file during those hours.   The full schedule will not work during the power hour times (this is due to the lack of gate spaces in the GA terminal and the area where Cape Air would typically be housed.

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Andrew

Hey Andrew,
If you are familiar with my schedules, I created snippets. Joe is now doing something similar but calling them power hours. Hey, it's all about the marketing! ;)

To lessen the amount of "no free terminal" issues and anything causing a lack of gate availability, I have long (since Tower!2011) been a proponent of using snippets/power hours (i.e., non-full schedule files). I, and now Joe, provide the snippets/power hours for only the peak time periods. If one wants to control during non-peak time periods, they will need to use the full schedule file.

Joe saying the full schedule won't work during peak hours is a little confusing. It's probably semantics, but it's probably more of a case of flights getting dropped versus actually not working.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Joe.

In another post you say "**Be sure to check out all my prior custom schedules for KLAX ver 1.0, KLAS, KLGA, KPHL & KLAX v2.0!"  Short of trawling through the post on these subjects, is there an easy way to get access to all the dropbox files if needed in the future or  someone gets the airport and wants to download the schedule files.

Kev M

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Smith said:

Hi I installed the new KBOS schedule and it stalls at 63% I then re-installed the original files and it works fine.

Thank You

Are you using the full schedule or are you using the power hours?  

If you’re using the full schedule you shouldn’t be.  Open the read me file as directed in the install instructions —the full schedule can not be used due to the unique setup of the schedule.  

If you’re using power hours and getting 63% it means the files do not match in the core files and your source files 

3 hours ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

Are you using the full schedule or are you using the power hours?  

If you’re using the full schedule you shouldn’t be.  Open the read me file as directed in the install instructions —the full schedule can not be used due to the unique setup of the schedule.  

If you’re using power hours and getting 63% it means the files do not match in the core files and your source files 

The loading stall at 63% is due to the full schedule more than likely. There are a couple of flights with missing commas:

CLT, BOS, 321, AA, 1806, 20:15, 12:00 1, AA
BOS, LGA, E90, AA, 2147, 12:00, 13:29, 1 AA

• Upvote 1