The simFlight Network Forums

KLAS issues

Peabody

I have not seen these issues addressed and I do not know if they are Tower3D Pro or Real Traffic problems but here is what I found while trying to record video.

1. The action camera does not work on runway 25R or 25R @ taxiway.  (It does work on the other runways)

2. The action camera only partially works at 7L.  It will zoom in on the plane after "Line up and Wait", but when I issue "Cleared for takeoff" it follows the plane for a short distance then goes back to the tower view.  It does not swing around in front of the plane like it does on other runways.

3. Taxi to runway 19R does not work right.  It will not go full length without backtaxi (I think that is the right term) from M or N. It can not get to the beginning of 19R from J or F. (I sometimes use 19R for departures of GA.)

Other issues at KLAS have been addressed so I will not include them here.

Here is a logfile.  I used AAY500 trying taxi routes to 19R.  I used SWA6288 for action camera on  25R (I don't know if any action camera info is recorded in the log file, but I am including in just in case) I used SWA6439 for action camera on 7L.

Peabody1001

game.log

Ariel,

Thank you Ariel.  I am not quite sure what you want for screenshots?  For the action camera I can't show something that doesn't happen, it stays in tower view, is that what you want for the screenshot?

With the 19R taxi problem I could show the route it gives me, so that is easy enough but I will have to do a new log file to go with it.  I think the reason the 19R taxi doesn't work is because there are two J taxiways and the one going to 19R does not work.

I will redo a logfile so it matches the images and hope it is the info you need.

Thanks again,

Peabody

Ariel,

Attached is a new logfile and images:

1. Action camera 25R, SWA441 was given: "Line up and wait" command, camera stayed in tower view

2. Action camera 25R, SWA441 was given: "Clear for takeoff", camera stayed in tower view.

3. AAL1617 was given taxi via: C3 B D F J and was given route to backtaxi from N.

4. SWA2025 was given command to "expect Runway 19R" with no specific route, and as you see it went to M and then had to backtaxi from M to 19R.  Taxiway J does not work, so the planes can not get to 19R.

game.log

LasActionCamera25R.jpg

LasActionCamera25R_2.jpg

LAS19R-1.jpg

LAS19R-2.jpg

DeltaVII and crbascott,

Thanks for the input, that is usually what I do.  I usually use it for departures and arrivals for GA traffic when I'm using the 25s.  My main concern was the action camera not working on 25R, I just added this issue since I hadn't seen it reported.  Not a game breaker, I just noticed it wasn't working when I had a GA arriving and I knew it would probably exit at N, so I sent the departure to via J and realized there were two of them, so it didn't work. So I figured since they were going to work on terminal E anyway (?) I would report these too.

Thanks,

Peabody

Ariel,

Any news on when the KLAS SP fix will be released to fix all the problems encountered with this airport. I know Peabody has highlighted some new ones now but the Terminal E issue and Runway renumbering have " been looked into since" the beginning of the year now?

Thanks

Gary

Gary,

Yes, it's still on our todo list. Since the beginning of the year we've released 3 patches for Tower and just about to release the first SP for KSFO. As far as I remember we also released a patch for KJFK too. Please believe me we are working hard and not sitting on some beaches sipping coctails and laughing on KLAS's problems :)

Seriously; some work is already done on KLAS but since we have different teams working on different airports it is possible to see some new releases while some SP is delayed. It's not greed or ignorance it's simply the fact the team who works on the SP has some trouble fixing something and the other team who developed the next release was done before the other fixed the existing airport.

Thank you for your continuing patience

Vic

Thanks Vic,

Appreciate that you have done a number of main Tower 3d Pro SP improvements and other airport fixes and rolled out SFO which has a few issues at present to fix.  Never imagined you were on a beach ! :-) 

Look forward to KLAS SP once the testing has been completed

Gary

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 8:08 AM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Gary,

KLAS is beta testing now. The SP is out as soon as we iron out all bugs.

Was the SP released yet?  I found a bug or two while playing today.