*** CUSTOM SCHEDULE'S LIST (fictional & real life airport timetables) ***

pete_agreatguy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, thepropilot747 said:

Honestly, I just want to say that I don't feel the KDFW has gotten a lot of love in the way of custom schedules. I know that feelthere is releasing a lot of new airports, but still most airports have at least two schedules where KDFW has one in the form of multiple days. I am not saying that anyone must make a new schedule, I might even make one maybe, but it kinda seems forgotten due to the fact that feelthere has released a lot (I mean a new DLC needing schedules and stuff around once a moth or so.) Another issue is since I have the steam version of Tower 3D Pro, it affects me since FeelThere isn't adding new files into the folder for Tower 3D in steam so if I get a newer airport I have to make new folders for the files to go into.

This is the first post I've ever seen on this forum with someone complaining that people aren't making enough custom schedules. Very sad!

Keep in mind this is a 3+ year old game , a lot of the new airports don't receive much attention or fanfare. KDFW specifically is too big for this game engine. It can't be played realistically - both operationally and traffic wise. Plus it is predominantly one airline. 

But, since you are a Dallas homer and the only one complaining, you should should definitely make your own custom schedule. However, now's not the best time for custom schedule making unless traffic density isn't a priority.    

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

This is the first post I've ever seen on this forum with someone complaining that people aren't making enough custom schedules. Very sad!

Keep in mind this is a 3+ year old game , a lot of the new airports don't receive much attention or fanfare. KDFW specifically is too big for this game engine. It can't be played realistically - both operationally and traffic wise. Plus it is predominantly one airline. 

But, since you are a Dallas homer and the only one complaining, you should should definitely make your own custom schedule. However, now's not the best time for custom schedule making unless traffic density isn't a priority.    

Yeah, I understand what you are trying to say. I am trying to work on a schedule for the scheduled flights. I didn’t want to come off as complaining if that is what it sounded like then I am sorry. I was just pointing something out.

I think is a good time to make a schedule for KDFW since traffic density should be lower it would be easier to handle from the game point of view.

Otherwise if you want to have an stressfull gameplay KDFW is a madness even with 60% traffic which I do not enjoy. As a matter of fact there should be the option to handle operations only in one part of the aiport lets say east side only or west side only.

1 hour ago, plpazodo said:

I think is a good time to make a schedule for KDFW since traffic density should be lower it would be easier to handle from the game point of view.

Otherwise if you want to have an stressfull gameplay KDFW is a madness even with 60% traffic which I do not enjoy. As a matter of fact there should be the option to handle operations only in one part of the aiport lets say east side only or west side only.

Yeah, that isn’t a bad idea. Do you think I should do all the flights including the ones canceled or just the ones that are flying?

1 hour ago, plpazodo said:

I think just the ones that are flying.

Yeah, this might be a good idea. For the beginner player, or the player that doesn't do well under lots of pressure. Instead of just lowering the density to 50%, if it is still too much or they don't like the way the game does lower density they could just use those schedules.

2 minutes ago, thepropilot747 said:

Yeah, this might be a good idea. For the beginner player, or the player that doesn't do well under lots of pressure. Instead of just lowering the density to 50%, if it is still too much or they don't like the way the game does lower density they could just use those schedules.

Correct

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nolan_4_wilson said:

I'm developing a custom schedule for KMCO. It's in the works right now but will be out in about a month or two since the airports.txt file takes SO LONG to make, it's already taken me about a week and a half to work on this thing! @pete_agreatguy

Are you using excel? My custom schedules (when i did them) took me about 5 hours to manually do them. Using macros it can be even quicker