The simFlight Network Forums

LFPG - Paris CDG Airport is OUT!!!

FeelThere Ariel

lfpg-outnow_fbcover.png

We are happy to announce the release of Nyerges Design´s new airport for Tower!3D/Pro... LFPG Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport!

Compatible with the latest Real Traffic as well!  Real Color for LFPG also available from our store!

LFPG for Tower!3D/Pro

Remember to update your Real Traffic to the latest SP6v15 to get all the new aircraft available for LFPG. 

A bientôt à Paris!!!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AirJamaica said:

Can you make a short 5 min video for me with or without mic to look if it is worth the 30 euro?

Thanks in advance

Just made a video, excuse any quality. Operational errors or any other thing. I haven't done any recording in a very long time so things might not be good quality.

Also, there might be a ton of operational errors made, but this is just how I handle it. I wished to record some of my gripes with the airfield too, but didn't get a chance to record some. (there are some at the end).

Here's the URL to the video, it's still in processing at time of posting.
https://youtu.be/FAoh0aQhSNg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nasder said:

Just made a video, excuse any quality. Operational errors or any other thing. I haven't done any recording in a very long time so things might not be good quality.

Also, there might be a ton of operational errors made, but this is just how I handle it. I wished to record some of my gripes with the airfield too, but didn't get a chance to record some. (there are some at the end).

Wow! That looked hectic. I got stressed just watching and listening!

Looks like a real challenging airport.

@Nasder many thanks for the upload.

I really like the airport layout but I'm not so sure about the textures. Everything looks super clean, flat and unnatural - like not even trying to give the impression of depth for textures. I really hope this is not the final version. For the moment, I do want to play it but I don't want to look at it! So, right now it's not for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

@Nasder many thanks for the upload.

I really like the airport layout but I'm not so sure about the textures. Everything looks super clean, flat and unnatural - like not even trying to give the impression of depth for textures. I really hope this is not the final version. For the moment, I do want to play it but I don't want to look at it! So, right now it's not for me.

Have to agree with you - although the terrain there is kinda flat, the buildings, roads and yeah pretty much everything, does look unnatural.

2 hours ago, Nasder said:

What are your gripes?  Please list them below

12 minutes ago, crbascott said:

Based on the video it’s the typical taxi and pushback issues that are ever-present in this version and most airports. 

Joe, are you representing Gabor in this thread?

No I’m asking so that myself and others don’t have to go searching through a video and have it listed for everyone to see 

1 hour ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

What are your gripes?  Please list them below

One is basically just limitations on the game engine (from what I've heard). You are unable to provide detailed taxi details to some planes, they read them back but do nothing more. You are then required to give them a simple taxi instruction and give them a new instruction once they've gotten part of the way.
For example, moving planes from the terminal where Joon and Airhop are located to Runway 08L. I need to give them "Runway 08L, taxi via R" once they reach taxiway R, I can instruct them further. If I give them the full instruction directly after pushback, they won't move, they won't load the planned taxiroute. I like to move planes to 08L through R, RN1 and Uniform.

There are some taxiways which just looks horrible. While the size and such are correct to IRL. In game it really did look like a graphical glitch to me when it zoomed in in actiona camera. So it is not an error, it is simply the amount of detail of some taxiways does not live up to the standard of details I was expecting.

(not the same taxiway circled, just noticed, but they are very similar in size and look both on the IRL airport and the one in game)

WeirdArea.jpg

37 minutes ago, AirJamaica said:

Lol you let us watch your whole video for 2 new things.

Video was never about showing my gripes, the video was to show the gameplay because someone wanted to see it.

This is my favorite airport to date though, it's complex enough to offer a nice challenge for me and it haven't completely overwhelmed me yet like some other larger airports do when playing with 100% with real traffic. The mentioned gripes are just that, gripes. They make me sigh and wish it wasn't like that, but they do not make the airport unplayable or ruin my experience. 

I must say, based on the video, that the buildings, themselves, especially terminals/jetways/taxiway markings are very nicely done.  Have not seen anything like that in the other airports.  I makes me want to see a FeelThere EGLL all the more.

Andrew

12 minutes ago, Avwriter said:

I must say, based on the video, that the buildings, themselves, especially terminals/jetways/taxiway markings are very nicely done.  Have not seen anything like that in the other airports.  I makes me want to see a FeelThere EGLL all the more.

Andrew

I love the Paris dlc it's a fun airport an the graphics are nicely done 

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

especially terminals/jetways/taxiway markings are very nicely done.

I agree.

6 hours ago, Braf123456 said:

the graphics are nicely done

Really? 3D modeling is good, but the graphics!?! There are bump maps like normal- or displacement maps and other techniques to add textural depth to the assets and ground. According to what I have seen in the video nothing to little of it seems to have happened. I just can't get over the clean, smooth, fake look. At least textures from satellite images and other photos could have been incorporated. Graphically I feel this DLC is unfinished. But that seems to be a matter of taste.

I do think this airport could be great fun to play, so I really hope @nyergesdesign fixes it and than: 

A bientôt à Paris!!!

• Like 1

My review/thoughts based on @Nasder's youtube video:

With LFPG, it appears there is less reliance on satellite images either by design or by necessity (due to cost/availability). There are some pros/cons to this, as there are no satellite/graphic overlay inconsistencies. However, the airport looks less real making it more game-like than simulation-like. The ground/land features appear to be very sanitized/bland especially the area surrounding the airport. Gabor excelled in this area at KPHX but LFPG is lacking. The buildings and terminals suffer from this same sanitized look - lacking texture which I've seen mentioned in posts on other forums. And, finally, the gameplay appears to be typical Tower!3D Pro fare ... bugs that bother some (like me) won't bother others.    

I've been flight siming lately and my bar for graphics is along those the lines of the default and freeware airports. Not sure if this game engine is capable of that yet, so I will continue to "patiently" wait for the next version.   

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 12:54 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

lfpg-outnow_fbcover.png

We are happy to announce the release of Nyerges Design´s new airport for Tower!3D/Pro... LFPG Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport!

Compatible with the latest Real Traffic as well!  Real Color for LFPG also available from our store!

LFPG for Tower!3D/Pro

Remember to update your Real Traffic to the latest SP6v15 to get all the new aircraft available for LFPG. 

A bientôt à Paris!!!

Why are the links to the airport proceeded with a leaving Facebook warning? 

• Like 1