The simFlight Network Forums

FS2020 - A lot of informations

We have an alpha version of FSUIPC for MSFS (FSUIPC7) which has been released to third party devs who have access to MSFS Alpha.

Still a lot to do though, and we're a bit surprised that the release is so soon. We're currently getting very little feedback from Asobo on the SimConnect facilities, and there is still no documentation on key event/control names.

I'll post an update when we get more information (or a documented SDK) from Asobo/Microsoft.

Cheers,

John

It must by one superior alpha cycle at MS to have a beta cycle of just three weeks! (Of course, it could be like Google where no product has ever been released from beta!)

That said, I have preordered  the Premium Deluxe MSFS2020 (in for a pence, in for a pound) and would do the same for FSUIPC if a preorder was made available.

23 minutes ago, vegasjon777 said:

If you need anyone to help test and if its even allowed, I am an Alpha tester for MSFS2020 and would be happy to do whatever is needed... 

The only thing preventing a proper Alpha/Beta test of FSUIPC7 at present is a missing SimConnect.DLL  which is only available to developers. We'd like to include it but haven't got permission yet. 😞

Pete

@vegasjon777

46 minutes ago, vegasjon777 said:

I am an Alpha tester for MSFS2020

Do you have access the the 'Developer' options? You currently need this to access the SimConnect.dll. If so, I can PM you the post (including link) so that you can start using/testing. If not, maybe try and request this access to Asobo and explain why you need this - we've been waiting for around 4 weeks now for permission to include the SimConnect.dll, but still no response.

John

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

Developer access means having a menu at the top of your MSFS window with a Help option in which you can download the SDK installer.

Not quite...you need 'developer privileges' to be able to see the "DEVELOPERS' options in Options->General menu screen, where you can then turn on "DEVELOPER MODE" to gain access to the developer menu bar.

John 

4 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Not quite...you need 'developer privileges' to be able to see the "DEVELOPERS' options in Options->General menu screen, where you can then turn on "DEVELOPER MODE" to gain access to the developer menu bar.

Oh yes. Forgot you had to turn it on! 😞

Pete

On 7/16/2020 at 10:29 AM, John Dowson said:

This is why we have requested permissions to include the SimConnect.dll in the FSUIPC7.zip, and we are still awaiting a response after 4 weeks....

John

If your request was by email, after four weeks I'd try sending another email just in case the first one got 'lost' somehow.  😉

Al

Thanks for keeping us informed of what is (or not) happening with regards to FSUIPC7. 

I suspect as per previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator this will be an inavluable tool.

I also suspect that my home cockpit will not be "seen" by the base sim so I will await the release of FSUIPC7 to get fully up and running.

Hopefully someone at ASOBO will realise the importance of your involvement to us all.

Regards

Keith 

• 2 weeks later...