The simFlight Network Forums

YMML - Melbourne Tullamarine Real Traffic Schedule - Winter 2019

battlehawk77

Melbourne skyline

G'day, mate!

I am very pleased to share my next real-life custom schedule - YMML - Melbourne Tullamarine.

Like my previous schedules, you will be experiencing traffic in a typical week in the Australian state of Victoria. What you see will be what the controllers at Melbourne saw.

Melbourne is a fairly busy airport. It is the second-busiest airport in Australia. It saw over 36 million passengers in 2017-2018. It serves as a hub for Qantas and Virgin Australia, and as a home base for Jetstar and Tigerair Australia. It is also served by a multitude of international carriers from around the world.
Along with plentiful passenger flights, there is a health air cargo presence by the likes of Qantas, Toll Express, and others. However, you will notice below that there are very few GA flights.

1203177296_YMMLtrafficchart.png.dd85dcbe11bec311bbe3c0576ba11c3d.png

As always, every effort has been made to use existing Real Color aircraft and liveries. There may be a few white aircraft, but, by and large, you will find Melbourne is a colorful place!

Like with my previous offerings, you will find, within the main YMML-battlehawk77 folder, a folder for each day of the week, along with snippet file folders within each day to allow you a smoother and more robust traffic feel.

Also included is a listing of the GA operators, a PDF taxi chart, graphic and text files of the traffic levels for each day, and a text file within each day folder of the hourly traffic breakdown.

It is recommended to place the YMML-battlehawk77 folder in your main YMML folder, then copy and paste the files needed (after you back up the originals, of course).

If you have any questions, comments, or notice any bugs, please feel free to message me here or on Discord.

So, grab your boomerang and some shrimp off the barbie and enjoy!

Gavin (battlehawk77)

YMML-battlehawk77-v1.0.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks so much for creating this resource and getting it out so quickly.  I just purchased Melbourne tonight and was frustrated at the lack of local traffic.  Your work is a life saver.  Cheers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the schedule, some little things I changed (of course I did)

I also put QFA in Terminal 2, Terminal 1 only has two Heavy gates, and QFA tends to have more

Talking about Heavy gates... T3 and T4 don't have any, while both VOZ and JST do send heavies here.. workaround is to use the cargo-terminal for those....

6 hours ago, crbascott said:

Already having to develop workarounds? Yep, we definitely need more DLCs with this game engine. 🙄

I actually don't think this is game-engine-related, more that some gates where not defined to accept heavies, which I guess/hope is just a toggle between maxknot 12/23/34?

...but, I ain't gonna hijack this thread for bugs in the DLC, that should be it's own post 🙂

17 hours ago, andredragt said:

Thanks for the schedule, some little things I changed (of course I did)

I also put QFA in Terminal 2, Terminal 1 only has two Heavy gates, and QFA tends to have more

Talking about Heavy gates... T3 and T4 don't have any, while both VOZ and JST do send heavies here.. workaround is to use the cargo-terminal for those....

Did an experiment the other day using @crbascottmethod of just loading heavies in the schedule and ascertained that YMML has the following number of heavy gates per terminal:

T1: 4 heavy gates; T2 (12); T3 (Nil); T4 (Nil), Cargo (6 - adjacent to across from T4)

Rgds

G

6 hours ago, andredragt said:

...but, I ain't gonna hijack this thread for bugs in the DLC, that should be it's own post 🙂

Too late - the hijacking happened with your first post. 😀 The terminal workarounds are related to the DLC and not the custom schedule.

i still think the issue is related to the engine because the lack of heavy gates is prevalent at EVERY airport and even with SPs they don't seem to get fixed.

To bring things back on topic - nice work @battlehawk77. 👍😀

• Like 2

• 11 months later...