Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
FeelThere

Would you be interested to see the updates for Tower!XX?

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, crbascott said:

The views from the tower cab look great. Hopefully there will more great views and enhanced zoom functionality. 

Craig, the opening doors on the new plane model should suggest some improvements in that department too.

 

Vic

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Craig, the opening doors on the new plane model should suggest some improvements in that department too.

 

Vic

When will it be released? Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Craig, the opening doors on the new plane model should suggest some improvements in that department too.

 

Vic

Vic, you keep coming up with the right answers. Keep it up! 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AirJamaica said:

When will it be released?

I know exactly when.

When they're done.

It just that I have no idea on what day, in which month of which year that will be, but they will be done... until the first ones find bugs... 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

And why am I funny?

My bad, didn't realize you were being serious. I thought you had been around here long enough to know that the question you asked won't get answered until the day they release it. FeelThere has learned that answering when questions is a no-win situation. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really nice shot. I just hope you have taken some of our suggestions. What is the ETA? One year still? I got my credit card at the ready.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, crbascott said:

When/where was this mentioned?

This could be a translation problem and "One year still?" refers to the ETA and should read "One more year?".

5 hours ago, rmcglew said:

What is the ETA?

It can be assumed that the launch date will only be announced very shortly before release. @crbascott has already answered this question some hours ago:

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

[..] the question you asked won't get answered until the day they release it. FeelThere has learned that answering when questions is a no-win situation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want pilots who are smart enough not to collide. And when two planes are facing each other, the possibility of ordering a tug to push one of the planes onto another taxiway!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

I want explosions and chaos when aircrafts, or service vehicles, collide. It makes it more fun! 😄

Sounds like you want a video game and not an ATC simulation. We'll see what FeelThere delivers.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, blacklabelbraai said:

Incredible, Vic!

I also like the depiction of clouds which makes me hopeful of user-defined weather.

Thanks for the tease

BLB (Peter)

So far we have 6 kind of clouds modeled (more to be added). Now you add coverage, wind, height and you get a pretty complex system 🙂 Throw that user editable  weather suggestion to the wishlist (unless you already added it) please. I like the idea 🙂 

More to come

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Lewisboy said:

Can anyone figure out which airport that is from the shot?? 🙂

The current KLAX airport without any changes. This is how's a current airport looks in the new weather engine. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rmcglew said:

In the meantime while under house quarantine hopefully another airport will materializes 

We are beta testing two of them already 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

I want explosions and chaos when aircrafts, or service vehicles, collide. It makes it more fun! 😄

That will surely wont be included (and please don't call me Shirley 😉 ). We are either real world aviators or serious fans. We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Vic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

That will surely wont be included (and please don't call me Shirley 😉 ). We are either real world aviators or serious fans. We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Vic

I support that.  However, it would be nice to add occasional emergencies of the sort that a plane occasionally needs to return to the airport because of mechanical issues, sick passenger etc.  Just something to test our ability to rework the traffic flow to accommodate an unexpected situation.  

 

Andrew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Since we had emergencies on our wishlist, how about a compressor stall or an engine fire on takeoff that the virtual pilots solve by shutting off and returning to the airport or aborting takeoff, which leads to coordinating the fire brigade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, I had a hunch someone would tell me to play arcade video-games instead. 😂

But, hence, everyone loves explosions, even if you do not confess it, if not, why are we watching action-movies? 😉

To be serious though, why I posted that was not that I want to play an actionfilled video-game. Underneath, I want to feel the tension and seriousness if I am doing something wrong, or take any risks. A red number is not punishing enough, it does not make you think about the risks you take. I do of course not want to have pilots dumb enough to collide, but I want to have a hard felt punishment if you take too much risks. The name ”explosion” here does not mean to have a big explosion, but something in a similar line. Visually, audiable and aftermaths.

Though I may play this game differently then others, I do like aviation, I have been flying flightsims to learn the workings in the industry, but I am not a aircraft fan or knows every livery or aircraft-name. I am realist, and I want this game to be realistic (but of course with difficulty-factor, as I guess in real world it can be boring sometimes), and I guess adding ”explosions”, or something else, may add a tension in the game, like in reallife.

Ps. I will buy the game even if it does not have any ”explosions” .Ds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Avwriter said:

I support that.  However, it would be nice to add occasional emergencies of the sort that a plane occasionally needs to return to the airport because of mechanical issues, sick passenger etc.  Just something to test our ability to rework the traffic flow to accommodate an unexpected situation.  

 

Andrew

From a pure tower perspective, the return to airport situations aren't that much different than a go around - at least for the size of airports we see in T!3D. The bulk of the actual return to the airport work is handled by departure and approach controllers. Obviously, once on the ground there is some special handling but I don't foresee that happening. But you never know.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

Haha, I had a hunch someone would tell me to play arcade video-games instead. 😂

But, hence, everyone loves explosions, even if you do not confess it, if not, why are we watching action-movies? 😉

To be serious though, why I posted that was not that I want to play an actionfilled video-game. Underneath, I want to feel the tension and seriousness if I am doing something wrong, or take any risks. A red number is not punishing enough, it does not make you think about the risks you take. I do of course not want to have pilots dumb enough to collide, but I want to have a hard felt punishment if you take too much risks. The name ”explosion” here does not mean to have a big explosion, but something in a similar line. Visually, audiable and aftermaths.

Though I may play this game differently then others, I do like aviation, I have been flying flightsims to learn the workings in the industry, but I am not a aircraft fan or knows every livery or aircraft-name. I am realist, and I want this game to be realistic (but of course with difficulty-factor, as I guess in real world it can be boring sometimes), and I guess adding ”explosions”, or something else, may add a tension in the game, like in reallife.

Ps. I will buy the game even if it does not have any ”explosions” .Ds

I've got a gaming chair for sale that might help with your desire for punishment if you're interested. 😂

Free Electrical Chair Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip ...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.