The simFlight Network Forums

Would you be interested to see the updates for Tower!XX?

FeelThere_Vic

1 hour ago, AirJamaica said:

When will it be released?

I know exactly when.

When they're done.

It just that I have no idea on what day, in which month of which year that will be, but they will be done... until the first ones find bugs... 😏

2 hours ago, AirJamaica said:

And why am I funny?

My bad, didn't realize you were being serious. I thought you had been around here long enough to know that the question you asked won't get answered until the day they release it. FeelThere has learned that answering when questions is a no-win situation. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crbascott said:

When/where was this mentioned?

This could be a translation problem and "One year still?" refers to the ETA and should read "One more year?".

5 hours ago, rmcglew said:

What is the ETA?

It can be assumed that the launch date will only be announced very shortly before release. @crbascott has already answered this question some hours ago:

9 hours ago, crbascott said:

[..] the question you asked won't get answered until the day they release it. FeelThere has learned that answering when questions is a no-win situation.

18 hours ago, blacklabelbraai said:

Incredible, Vic!

I also like the depiction of clouds which makes me hopeful of user-defined weather.

Thanks for the tease

BLB (Peter)

So far we have 6 kind of clouds modeled (more to be added). Now you add coverage, wind, height and you get a pretty complex system 🙂 Throw that user editable  weather suggestion to the wishlist (unless you already added it) please. I like the idea 🙂 

More to come

Vic

3 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

I want explosions and chaos when aircrafts, or service vehicles, collide. It makes it more fun! 😄

That will surely wont be included (and please don't call me Shirley 😉 ). We are either real world aviators or serious fans. We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Vic

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

That will surely wont be included (and please don't call me Shirley 😉 ). We are either real world aviators or serious fans. We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Vic

I support that.  However, it would be nice to add occasional emergencies of the sort that a plane occasionally needs to return to the airport because of mechanical issues, sick passenger etc.  Just something to test our ability to rework the traffic flow to accommodate an unexpected situation.  

Andrew

34 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

We don't want to see explosions. This is a long standing FeelThere policy and will likely remain until I'm on board.

Since we had emergencies on our wishlist, how about a compressor stall or an engine fire on takeoff that the virtual pilots solve by shutting off and returning to the airport or aborting takeoff, which leads to coordinating the fire brigade?

Haha, I had a hunch someone would tell me to play arcade video-games instead. 😂

But, hence, everyone loves explosions, even if you do not confess it, if not, why are we watching action-movies? 😉

To be serious though, why I posted that was not that I want to play an actionfilled video-game. Underneath, I want to feel the tension and seriousness if I am doing something wrong, or take any risks. A red number is not punishing enough, it does not make you think about the risks you take. I do of course not want to have pilots dumb enough to collide, but I want to have a hard felt punishment if you take too much risks. The name ”explosion” here does not mean to have a big explosion, but something in a similar line. Visually, audiable and aftermaths.

Though I may play this game differently then others, I do like aviation, I have been flying flightsims to learn the workings in the industry, but I am not a aircraft fan or knows every livery or aircraft-name. I am realist, and I want this game to be realistic (but of course with difficulty-factor, as I guess in real world it can be boring sometimes), and I guess adding ”explosions”, or something else, may add a tension in the game, like in reallife.

Ps. I will buy the game even if it does not have any ”explosions” .Ds

4 hours ago, Avwriter said:

I support that.  However, it would be nice to add occasional emergencies of the sort that a plane occasionally needs to return to the airport because of mechanical issues, sick passenger etc.  Just something to test our ability to rework the traffic flow to accommodate an unexpected situation.  

Andrew

From a pure tower perspective, the return to airport situations aren't that much different than a go around - at least for the size of airports we see in T!3D. The bulk of the actual return to the airport work is handled by departure and approach controllers. Obviously, once on the ground there is some special handling but I don't foresee that happening. But you never know.  

3 hours ago, Vantskruv said:

Haha, I had a hunch someone would tell me to play arcade video-games instead. 😂

But, hence, everyone loves explosions, even if you do not confess it, if not, why are we watching action-movies? 😉

To be serious though, why I posted that was not that I want to play an actionfilled video-game. Underneath, I want to feel the tension and seriousness if I am doing something wrong, or take any risks. A red number is not punishing enough, it does not make you think about the risks you take. I do of course not want to have pilots dumb enough to collide, but I want to have a hard felt punishment if you take too much risks. The name ”explosion” here does not mean to have a big explosion, but something in a similar line. Visually, audiable and aftermaths.

Though I may play this game differently then others, I do like aviation, I have been flying flightsims to learn the workings in the industry, but I am not a aircraft fan or knows every livery or aircraft-name. I am realist, and I want this game to be realistic (but of course with difficulty-factor, as I guess in real world it can be boring sometimes), and I guess adding ”explosions”, or something else, may add a tension in the game, like in reallife.

Ps. I will buy the game even if it does not have any ”explosions” .Ds

I've got a gaming chair for sale that might help with your desire for punishment if you're interested. 😂

Free Electrical Chair Cliparts, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip ...

• Haha 1