The simFlight Network Forums
FeelThere

Would you be interested to see the updates for Tower!XX?

the cool thing that I see is the the landing gear looks like it will retract when taking off from the runways in the next version.

Quite good looking compared to 3D, should make transition periods quite fun even with the bright sun blinding an area of your view.  

On 6/24/2020 at 5:05 AM, Ripskin said:

Quite good looking compared to 3D, should make transition periods quite fun even with the bright sun blinding an area of your view.  

Everything will be "live" so you would see rolling clouds and changing weather conditions 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2020 at 7:29 AM, FeelThere said:

Everything will be "live" so you would see rolling clouds and changing weather conditions 🙂 

Any info yet on whether real world live weather might be possible?

Andrew

2 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Any info yet on whether real world live weather might be possible?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

No, no yet.

Thank you

Vic

As long as the pilots don't slow down to a near stop on the runway after landing (like they do now) to view the lighting effects, keep 'em coming! 😀

@FeelThere

Hey Vic,

I know these images reflect a work in progress but what is that "thing" that appears to sitting atop what kinda looks like a control tower at KLAX?

10 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

I'm taking a wild guess: Just a container for testing visual effects under various conditions.

Correct 🙂 

Vic

Effects, lighting visuals and the model resolution is better by far from current version. 

If there will be some improvements to handling of stuff it will be fantastic. 

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome! I got Tower3DPro only a few days ago and am really enjoying it.

Can we expect different controlling positions (tower/ground/clearance) with AI to take over the positions we didn't choose?

• Upvote 2

On 9/14/2020 at 4:39 PM, CaptainLHKLM said:

Can we expect different controlling positions (tower/ground/clearance) with AI to take over the positions we didn't choose?

This could be helpful if EGLL (Heathrow) is updated
There are several times in the Tower 2011 version where I have to select pause in order to catch up when there are lots or sequences of movements to be completed, which in reality would have been covered by two or more controllers

On 9/14/2020 at 5:39 PM, CaptainLHKLM said:

Looks awesome! I got Tower3DPro only a few days ago and am really enjoying it.

Unfortunately we are not there yet to answer questions. We hope to announce the project officially in the not too distant future. The best way to get the news is by signing up to our newsletter (it's also a good idea because we sometimes run some exclusive newsletter only sales too).