The simFlight Network Forums

New Airport

nrholland

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

EGLL is the only airport currently confirmed to be in development

I personally know nothing about EGLL being confirmed. (But that doesn't have to mean anything.) What I know from FeelThere's forum posts is that KEWR, KIAD, KORD are in the pipeline.
I expect that FeelThere will release KEWR next.

6 hours ago, Avwriter said:

but keep in mind that stealth releases like LFPG and EKCH are not unusual either.

This is because these airports come from a different developer and FeelThere generally does not comment on the development status of those airport DLCs.

Dear Folks,

Thank you for the excitement, it means a lot to us.
From us the next is KEWR and KIAD, EGLL in the pipeline and one surprise airport ( 😉 ). KORD is prepared for the next version as this current version likely could not handle it. As far as we know Gabor is working 2 interesting airports as well. 

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FeelThere said:

Dear Folks,

Thank you for the excitement, it means a lot to us.
From us the next is KEWR and KIAD, EGLL in the pipeline and one surprise airport ( 😉 ). KORD is prepared for the next version as this current version likely could not handle it. As far as we know Gabor is working 2 interesting airports as well. 

Thank you

Vic

Oh Vic,

Now you have ruined the wildly incorrect guessing game some like to play! 🤣

Now you have ruined the wildly incorrect guessing game some like to play! 

I don't know how this forum works as I'm fairly new but on other game forums I've been on, most members would never allow facts to interfere with speculation. 😀

Edited by Schnizz
fixed typo
  • Haha 3

On 7/31/2020 at 8:57 PM, Schnizz said:

I don't know how this forum works as I'm fairly new but on other game forums I've been on, most members would never allow facts to interfere with speculation. 😀

Welcome to our forum. This forum is a bit different from other forums. Sometimes you will see us fighting on things like classmates, but most of the times this is a very friendly place. 18 years ago when we launched our group called FeelThere, the community was there to help us and we are trying to be here for the community as well. We don't try to act like "big guys" rather engage into friendly conversation and games. You will see lots of teasing, sometimes personal jokes as well as many of us know each other for a very long time.

Please be part of us.

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 3:43 AM, nrholland said:

CYYZ came out for tower 2011. Is there a possibility that we will see it before they come up with the next version? I hope so. It's my favorite airport.

It really depends how fast can we crank out the currently developed airports and how's next Tower will come along.

Vic

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ATC AlaskaGuy said:

i wonder if the reason there hasn't been a new airport since june 19th if that they are solely going to the next version of Tower 3D XX 

Highly unlikely - https://forum.simflight.com/topic/90075-new-airport/?do=findComment&comment=545534 (or just scroll up to July 31). 😀

2 hours ago, nrholland said:

Are we any closer for an announcement on when a new airport is coming out?

When? Definitely not - as you already know.

4 hours ago, nrholland said:

Are we any closer for an announcement on when a new airport is coming out?

Well, time has not stopped, so I suppose we are closer than we were yesterday or last week.  Release  announcements, however, typically only come after the product is available on the website.

Andrew

As much as I want ORD I am glad its going to the new one.  The better that version is the happier I will be and more likely to open the wallet for a more functional and rich experience :) 

Depending on how the next ones are I may pick some up. 

• Upvote 1

If you do CYYZ in this version or the next one make sure you put the skyline in of downtown Toronto (especially including the CN Tower).  When you're there waiting on your next flight, you can see them from your gate, provided you're looking south southeast.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, nrholland said:

If you do CYYZ in this version or the next one make sure you put the skyline in of downtown Toronto (especially including the CN Tower).  When you're there waiting on your next flight, you can see them from your gate, provided you're looking south southeast.

Keep in mind that the current version is rather limited in its ability to handle this kind of thing.  Notice that most of the included skyline are relatively generic and simplified.  Vic has stated that adding more tend to have a big impact on performance.  Perhaps the next version will be different in that regard, though personally I would prefer they keep their focus on the actual game functionality rather than on eye candy.

Andrew

2 hours ago, Avwriter said:

Keep in mind that the current version is rather limited in its ability to handle this kind of thing.  Notice that most of the included skyline are relatively generic and simplified.  Vic has stated that adding more tend to have a big impact on performance.  Perhaps the next version will be different in that regard, though personally I would prefer they keep their focus on the actual game functionality rather than on eye candy.

Andrew

Focusing on actual functionality should deliver plenty of eye candy including but not limited to:

realistic views from the tower at all times of day and weather conditions (need to do something about those windows in the rain - remember they are angled for a reason) 

and

the use of modern day equipment (need to send the current ADIRS, STRIP, and DBRITE to a historical museum).

2 hours ago, crbascott said:

Focusing on actual functionality should deliver plenty of eye candy including but not limited to:

realistic views from the tower at all times of day and weather conditions (need to do something about those windows in the rain - remember they are angled for a reason) 

and

the use of modern day equipment (need to send the current ADIRS, STRIP, and DBRITE to a historical museum).

No arguments there at all.  I just meant that I would not want decorative eye candy to take away resources from the functional variety.

Andrew