The simFlight Network Forums

LEBL Bugs

GoalieMedic

So far a couple of issues so far with LEBL:

1.  Any departing aircraft at Terminal 1 that are issued a pushback command for runway 2 lock up.  They will not pushback, the strips show a runway 2 assignment but never list "pushback" on the strip.  You cannot then issue them any other runway command, so they just stay parked & never push back.  Only resolution is to delete them.  Does not seem to be an issue coming from south side of Terminal 1 or from anywhere at Terminal 2.  See circled area in the diagram to see the aircraft that are stuck.  (DLH1129 was issued from Q4 to RW2 and moved successfully / RYR7545 on north side of airport was issued to RW2 and also moved successfully / VLG8322, VLG8654, and BEL3704 were all issued to RW2 and refused to pushback). 

2.  Aircraft taxing northbound on taxiway N or M (example, N2 > N > T > Z8 > Runway 7L) hold short of the approach end of 7L as if they are holding to cross over an active runway (runway 7L is active).  However, runway doesn't extend onto N or M, so they should just automatically continue taxing without having to issue a "CONTINUE TAXI" command.  Currently, they have to be told to continue.

RW2

• Like 1

2.  Aircraft taxing northbound on taxiway N or M (example, N2 > N > T > Z8 > Runway 7L) hold short of the approach end of 7L as if they are holding to cross over an active runway (runway 7L is active).  However, runway doesn't extend onto N or M, so they should just automatically continue taxing without having to issue a "CONTINUE TAXI" command.  Currently, they have to be told to continue.

This happens at every airport in the game. So not specific to LEBL.

Guys,

Point number 2 in the lead post is not a bug and it also happens at other airports for good reason.

Please look at the hold short points for LEBL 07L which I have circled in red on the screenshot from Google Maps.  I have yet to play LEBL but the aircraft stopping on the taxiway reported by @GoalieMedic seems to be a correct simulation.  Imagine an aircraft crossing the undershoot of the runway on a taxiway just as another aircraft is on short finals to land, there is a collision risk plus a wake turbulence/jet wash risk; hence the hold shorts to allow clear separation.

@hexzed does not specify which other airports or runways he is referring to but I'd stake my house on the fact that the aircraft are obeying hold short lines before crossing an undershoot.

I hope this helps and reduces any frustration you may be feeling by watching this happen within T3D.  I would be reporting it as a bug if aircraft didn't stop!

Wayne

lebl_7l.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

nope, I updated just after putting the wrong one in:

13:49:36 * RYR6973 => ADD HISTORY: RYR6973: RUNWAY 7R RYR6973
13:49:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 7R * RYR6973 => STATE CHANGE from STATE_WAITING to STATE_TO_RUNWAY
13:49:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 7R * RYR6973 => Start calc route from: B  start idx: 80
13:49:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 7R * RYR6973 => Calc from: B
RYR6973 => ERROR: Road calculation error!!  0

More LEBL problems

1. All the A/c listed in the strip & shown on the ADIRS screen except RYR2744  did not push back. Ignore the ===against the rwy allocation as they occurred after I attempted to move the strip to the main screen.

2. RYR2744 called for pushback, was allocated RWY 2 and showed the taxi via E1,J,K. all good. After PB, Was given RWY2 but could not find the taxi path after that.

Sorry no log as I was somewhat peeved at this and forgot to get the log before I restarted the game again

I think here has been enough of this non taxi problem highlighted to give Gabor enough evidence to seriously look at this problem.

It appears terminal 1 north side whether on a gate or on a remote stand has the problem.

RYR 6341  and VLG8036 are on  remote stands and it looks like they could taxi fwd without a pushback. At first I thought that might have been the problem but the others are at the terminal.

Basically LEBL is not playable with these problems.

@Gabor PLEEEEse fix as this looks like a gerat airport to control

Kev M

strips.thumb.jpg.b86d8e7c82c31588e10a08224c3fb37e.jpg

ADIRS.thumb.jpg.8b0b2ae431ab341fc94461ba4467406f.jpg

8 hours ago, 707FAN said:

2. RYR2744 called for pushback, was allocated RWY 2 and showed the taxi via E1,J,K. all good. After PB, Was given RWY2 but could not find the taxi path after that.

Does it accept an intersection takeoff from E1 or D1? I think the taxi route is too long (longer than 6 taxiways, which is the maximum T3D can handle).

12 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

Does it accept an intersection takeoff from E1 or D1? I think the taxi route is too long (longer than 6 taxiways, which is the maximum T3D can handle).

I always thought the 6 taxiways was a command limitation and not necessarily an internal route calculation limitation. 

---------------------------

I looked at some old log files and below shows calculated routes with over 6 taxiways.

KLAX
12:10:15 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T5_in r: 25L * SWA5554 => Route is: H4, H, T, T, B, S, D, D7, T5_in,   

KJFK
18:03:25 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-1 OWNER_GROUND r: 13R * JBU1013 => Route is: T5_4, T5_apron, T4-5_apron, G, A, A, Q, MC, P, PA,   calculate time: 0.04666138s  highest count: 6167

KPHX
08:19:36 alt: 0 takeoff: False/False/-2 OWNER_TOWER t: T_g8 r: 25L * SWA354 => Route is: G4, F, F6, E6, E, D9, D, t_apron_13, T_g8,   calculate time: 2.16272s  highest count: 34572

You can pushback to almost any runway, unless a certain aircraft needs a longer runway. After aircraft completes pushback, you can click on "Runway Menu", Select which runway", then select the taxiway path(s) with either a mouse and/or voice recognition.  You can also do this during initial pushback too. You really can change your taxi route anytime.

I tried using the K1 intersection for RWY 2 and the only issue was the north side T1 and corresponding remote stands not pushing back (VLG7364). When this A/C refused to pushback, I started issuing 7L/R for a/c in this area then taxi instruction to 2@K1. From T2 I had the occasional issue getting them started to taxi "around the horn" (S>M) but eventually everyone moved to 2@K1 and departed

output_log.txt

23 hours ago, 707FAN said:

Ref my previous post. Thanks fro the replies.

I will run the same time scenerio again but this time allocate rwy 7L to all the associated departures and see what happens.

And remember to dump a game.log this time.

Kev M

I ran 0600-0700 using the 7's for both T/O & ldg mixed. All A/c taxied to the 7's with not problems.

I then ran 0700 (0646) to 0800 using 25L for dep & 25R for arr. All A/c taxied as requested including departures from the remote stands on both terminals. If there is a problem it seems to be with rwy 2 departures. 

For @Gabor & @atcJoe. EY Etihad operates regularly into LEBL using A332 A/C. They are not in schedule nor in the master RC list. Something for the next RC revision. I have added EY to my schedule.

Kev M

2 hours ago, 707FAN said:

I ran 0600-0700 using the 7's for both T/O & ldg mixed. All A/c taxied to the 7's with not problems.

I then ran 0700 (0646) to 0800 using 25L for dep & 25R for arr. All A/c taxied as requested including departures from the remote stands on both terminals. If there is a problem it seems to be with rwy 2 departures. 

For @Gabor & @atcJoe. EY Etihad operates regularly into LEBL using A332 A/C. They are not in schedule nor in the master RC list. Something for the next RC revision. I have added EY to my schedule.

Kev M

Maybe that's why Barcelona never uses RWY 2 for departures in the "real" world ! 😂

On 1/17/2019 at 7:05 PM, Pedantic G said:

Maybe that's why Barcelona never uses RWY 2 for departures in the "real" world ! 😂

@Pedantic G I think you're right. When you look at the info on BCN it says between 2300-0700 RWY 2 for arr & 7R for dep.

I tried using 2 for arr & 7L for dep but not enough time between arrivals to get them off 7L.

Also a little bug in ATC Joes schedule . VA487 21:34 dep , VA475 15:28 arr, both should be BA not VA.. VA does not fly anywhere near Europe. Schedule checked with FlightAware.

Kev M

10 hours ago, 707FAN said:

@Pedantic G I think you're right. When you look at the info on BCN it says between 2300-0700 RWY 2 for arr & 7R for dep.

I tried using 2 for arr & 7L for dep but not enough time between arrivals to get them off 7L.

Also a little bug in ATC Joes schedule . VA487 21:34 dep , VA475 15:28 arr, both should be BA not VA.. VA does not fly anywhere near Europe. Schedule checked with FlightAware.

Kev M

Please make sure to add issues with my schedules to the threads where my schedule exists so updates can be made directly.  I have already updated those 2 items.