The simFlight Network Forums

NEO AIRCRAFT

Pedantic G

Hi all,

Further to the topic started by @Braf123456last week, which concerned the possibility of adding Airbus Neo aircraft to the portfolio of aircraft available to the custom scheduler builders in our community, I have some good news to start the week off!

I have been in contact with Gabor at @nyergesdesignwho has agreed to do this for us all and has asked me to put together a list of our requirements. This will be added to the manifest of the next airport to come out which is likely to be, if current speculation on the forum is correct, Vancouver for FeelThere or another European airport from Gabor.

I have attached an excel file that I have already started off based on looking at Flight Aware data for a couple of days last week at the current airports already released by FeelThere and Nyergesdesign.  Please add any additions to this using the input area at the bottom of the list I have already compiled, but please remember that this should ONLY BE for the airports already released or those that most of us are aware are in the pipeline to be released in the coming months (ie Vancouver, Melbourne, Dubai). This is not a nice to have list just in case scenario!

Please then re attach this to your repost or send to me direct via PM and I will consolidate and then forward on to Gabor to start work. This will be initial for any of the current airports already out there but i will keep a note of any for new airports coming down the runway to ensure they are included in that RC.

The deadline for your submissions back to me is WEDNESDAY 20TH MARCH at which point I will then send on to Gabor.

Any questions please shout

Gary

Note added 14th March: Don't panic Gabor! 😉 To be clear he will not be updating ALL historic RC releases for these Neo aircraft. These additions will be added to the next FeelThere or Nyerges airport RC release OR to the next Forum requested RC release being complied by @hexzed at present (currently EDDM is in the lead), which ever comes first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Hi all,

Further to the topic started by @Braf123456last week, which concerned the possibility of adding Airbus Neo aircraft to the portfolio of aircraft available to the custom scheduler builders in our community, I have some good news to start the week off!

I have been in contact with Gabor at @nyergesdesignwho has agreed to do this for us all and has asked me to out together a list of our requirements. This will be added to the manifest of the next airport to come out which is likely to be, if current speculation on the forum is correct, Vancouver for FeelThere or another European airport from Gabor.

I have attached an excel file that I have already started off based on looking at Flight Aware data for a couple of days last week at the current airports already released by FeelThere and Nyergesdesign.  Please add any additions to this using the input area at the bottom of the list I have already compiled, but please remember that this should ONLY BE for the airports already released or those that most of us are aware are in the pipeline to be released in the coming months (ie Vancouver, Melbourne, Dubai). This is not a nice to have list just in case scenario!

Please then re attach this to your repost or send to me direct via PM and I will consolidate and then forward on to Gabor to start work. This will be initial for any of the current airports already out there but i will keep a note of any for new airports coming down the runway to ensure they are included in that RC.

The deadline for your submissions back to me is WEDNESDAY 20TH MARCH at which point I will then send on to Gabor.

Any questions please shout

Gary

NEO_RC Requests.xlsx

Here is the file Input for the Delta A21N, most spotted at KMCO, KLAS, KLAX, KMIA, KFLL (Atleast to PlanSpotters.net). I only recommended for MCO, LAS, or LAX since those are the airports we have.

NEO_RC Requests.xlsx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ashman99 said:

Here is the file Input for the Delta A21N, most spotted at KMCO, KLAS, KLAX, KMIA, KFLL (Atleast to PlanSpotters.net). I only recommended for MCO, LAS, or LAX since those are the airports we have.

NEO_RC Requests.xlsx

Are they actually flying yet? The Delta website says that they are not due to be delivered until at least next year and the link you put in the file is for a standard A321?

Thanks

Gary

2 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Are they actually flying yet? The Delta website says that they are not due to be delivered until at least next year and the link you put in the file is for a standard A321?

Thanks

Gary

Good Catch Gary, you are correct. According to Delta News Hub (https://news.delta.com/delta-selects-airbus-a321neo-narrowbody-fleet-renewal) the 321 neo wont be out until first quarter 2020. The Plane spotters.net lists some as Neos but don't think they actually are in pictures. However, it would still be cool to see the new Delta 321 Neo in Tower since they will be close to coming out especially if it takes 3 to 5 months in between each airport release. They might be out and in service by the time another LAX or MCO update is released. Just a thought!

Ashton

You never know! I've only heard of rumors and ideas on the threads about the next Tower version, however there has been no indication that they have actually been working on it. If I'm wrong, inform me otherwise, honestly I would love have the new version out sooner rather than later. Not sure, but Gabor is working on another Euro airport I believe and Feelthere still plans to release YVR, MEL, and DXB through the current version (And I'm excited for MEL). Even if it took 4 months to release each airport, (some have taken longer than others due to limitations on the engine of the game) you could still have the current version by next year. I guess I've already accepted the fact that we might not have the new version anytime soon and so yes if that's the case it would be nice to have updated versions on current airports. I thought that's what this thread was about? Inputting ideas for future updates in Tower?

45 minutes ago, ashman99 said:

I thought that's what this thread was about?

Not arguing with you and totally agree about the release of the next version. I'm assuming 2020-2021 at this point.

With that said, these RC updates will take time ... maybe 3-4 airports a year max. Since LAX has already been done I'm not sure it would be in the rotation for quite awhile. Based on that assumption, I shutter to think we'd have an RC update for KLAX before a new version of Tower.  

On 3/11/2019 at 6:34 PM, crbascott said:

Not arguing with you and totally agree about the release of the next version. I'm assuming 2020-2021 at this point.

With that said, these RC updates will take time ... maybe 3-4 airports a year max. Since LAX has already been done I'm not sure it would be in the rotation for quite awhile. Based on that assumption, I shutter to think we'd have an RC update for KLAX before a new version of Tower.  

I see what you mean; I personally hope that we don't have a full rotation either. But I'm not sure if it's just me, but I really enjoy the separation of gates at LGW. It was easier to make the terminals more customized according to terminal gate locations for airlines. It was something that I'm a little annoyed with in KLAS at Terminal D. You have random DAL, UAL, FFT, and NKS planes scattered everywhere at random gates. It would have been cool to see them customize that terminal a bit more to separate the airlines and organize them according to real world terminal spots. 

22 minutes ago, ashman99 said:

I see what you mean; I personally hope that we don't have a full rotation either. But I'm not sure if it's just me, but I really enjoy the separation of gates at LGW. It was easier to make the terminals more customized according to terminal gate locations for airlines. It was something that I'm a little annoyed with in KLAS at Terminal D. You have random DAL, UAL, FFT, and NKS planes scattered everywhere at random gates. It would have been cool to see them customize that terminal a bit more to separate the airlines and organize them according to real world terminal spots. 

Yes, terminal/gate assignments in the Tower series thus far has been less than satisfying. The gate assignment granularity you are seeing at EGKK is similar to what was delivered in Tower!2011. As a matter of fact, all the Tower!2011 airports that have also been released in Tower!3D share very similar bland terminal definitions. However, with Tower!2011 we had the ability to customize airports (and airplanes) which I took advantage of to make more realistic terminal assignments down to the gate level if necessary. Sadly, we lost this modding feature with Tower!3D. 

Bringing back modding features is definitely on the wishlist for the oft-mentioned but who knows when next version.  

• 3 months later...

For those of you that haven't noticed the first of the Neos were added to the recent YMML release. 

These were the the Air NewZealand A20N and the A21N, the later in the stunning all black livery.

More examples are due to be added in the EDDM updated RC for those airlines operating Neos into Munich, as requested by the forum vote earlier this year, which is currently under going testing.

And before anyone asks I do not have a time frame on the release of the airport SP or the updated RC pack!

G