The simFlight Network Forums

What's in the pipeline now?

maverick1989

A few months ago, the developers were nice enough to give us a heads up of new airports in development. Everything has been on point as far as release dates. Wink Wink, we are hoping EGLL ( Heathrow) is next. Hope we can get some kind of idea what might be coming in future releases as we wait for the next version of Tower 3d Pro.  Here's my wish list :

a. KMIA ( one of the biggest international airports on the east cost of the US)

b. EHAM ( it speaks for itself)

c. TJSJ ( if not the best int'l airport in the Caribbean)

d. KDEN

e. PEK

Which ones would you like to see?

• Sad 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:07 PM, maverick1989 said:

A few months ago, the developers were nice enough to give us a heads up of new airports in development. Everything has been on point as far as release dates. Wink Wink, we are hoping EGLL ( Heathrow) is next. Hope we can get some kind of idea what might be coming in future releases as we wait for the next version of Tower 3d Pro.  Here's my wish list :

a. KMIA ( one of the biggest international airports on the east cost of the US)

b. EHAM ( it speaks for itself)

c. TJSJ ( if not the best int'l airport in the Caribbean)

d. KDEN

e. PEK

Which ones would you like to see?

Ik eham won't happen as well as Kord because of game limitation an kmia is being used for a test bed for the new tower 

Not the biggest traffic and not the smallest, capable of working on it from Tower and my dream would be :
EPWA  - Warsaw Poland
ILS 11/29
      15/33 ILS

Runways are in cross and it is interesting as one serves for departures and other one for arrivals. Airport itself is interesting for ATC as there is front stands, front gates and rear gates behind the terminal and runway crossings. It's unique shape. 

Apparently we will have Heathrow as next arrival.

• Like 1

EPWA wouldn't practically work without major delays under the current engine, because the exits are too close to the crossing and the arriving mid-size planes would eat up too much time to crawl towards the exit blocking traffic from departing before the next arrival. Pretty much like trying to operate KLGA with arrivals on runway 31 and departures on runway 4...

If done properly, the next T!3D version could be capable of making every airport work.

9 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

EPWA wouldn't practically work without major delays under the current engine, because the exits are too close to the crossing and the arriving mid-size planes would eat up too much time to crawl towards the exit blocking traffic from departing before the next arrival. Pretty much like trying to operate KLGA with arrivals on runway 31 and departures on runway 4...

If done properly, the next T!3D version could be capable of making every airport work.

IF...........

On 11/29/2020 at 8:43 PM, Braf123456 said:

Ik eham won't happen as well as Kord because of game limitation an kmia is being used for a test bed for the new tower 

@Braf123456 - Do you mind elaborating about these limitations that make creating airports such as EHAM and ORD impossible? Perhaps obvious to some, but I'm curious. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Chicago said:

@Braf123456 - Do you mind elaborating about these limitations that make creating airports such as EHAM and ORD impossible? Perhaps obvious to some, but I'm curious. Thanks.

im not 100% my self it something to do with how many runways the developer @FeelThere maybe could explain it better then i can 

• Confused 1

@Chicago The problem with KORD is that it has eight runways with formally 16 directions, but they can only make 7 runways with 13 directions work in the top panel where you activate and deactivate landing runways. And the complexity of both KORD and EHAM (including the wide area especially EHAM is spread over) makes performance on older or non-high-class gaming computers problematic.

59 minutes ago, DeltaVII said:

@Chicago The problem with KORD is that it has eight runways with formally 16 directions, but they can only make 7 runways with 13 directions work in the top panel where you activate and deactivate landing runways. And the complexity of both KORD and EHAM (including the wide area especially EHAM is spread over) makes performance on older or non-high-class gaming computers problematic.

Understood, thanks for responding. Maybe they can make an exception for ORD since it is really down to 6-7 runways that are actually used. 22L/4R only ever seems to be used for departures on 22L these days, so that would make 13 directions. I don't think 22R/4L gets any use and perhaps could be omitted. Otherwise, hope they can make both airports work in the next iteration of the game. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chicago said:

Understood, thanks for responding. Maybe they can make an exception for ORD since it is really down to 6-7 runways that are actually used. 22L/4R only ever seems to be used for departures on 22L these days, so that would make 13 directions. I don't think 22R/4L gets any use and perhaps could be omitted. Otherwise, hope they can make both airports work in the next iteration of the game. 

I would love to have ord it an lhr are my two favorite airports sorry I couldn't answer your question better 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

but they can only make 7 runways with 13 directions work in the top panel where you activate and deactivate landing runways

This didn't keep KBOS and KDFW (possibly  others) from being released.

But as you mentioned the large size of some airports probably make them poor candidates for this game engine. Realistic taxiing from east to west and vice versa at KDFW is already very problematic and can only imagine the issues that KORD would bring to the table.

Hopefully, the new engine will showcase some major internal improvements and some in-demand airports (like KORD and EHAM) too.

1 hour ago, Chicago said:

Maybe they can make an exception for ORD

An exception would probably require game engine modifications, and we all know that is not going to happen. FYI - The post below is what FeelThere said publicly about KORD's status.

1 hour ago, crbascott said:

This didn't keep KBOS and KDFW (possibly  others) from being released.

But as you mentioned the large size of some airports probably make them poor candidates for this game engine. Realistic taxiing from east to west and vice versa at KDFW is already very problematic and can only imagine the issues that KORD would bring to the table.

Hopefully, the new engine will showcase some major internal improvements and some in-demand airports (like KORD and EHAM) too.

An exception would probably require game engine modifications, and we all know that is not going to happen. FYI - The post below is what FeelThere said publicly about KORD's status.

That what I thought so thanks for clarifying it for us

• 4 weeks later...

Until the next version of Tower is ready to go, it seems that there are a ton of international airports being created which is great news! Just keep in mind that there are some great airports just below the United States. Doesn't seem like FT has any airports in South America. It would be nice to see a change towards that region as well as to see some of those liveries too! Just a thought.

Edit: If the individual could explain why my post is considered funny or laughable when it's a simple request like all others. I would like to know why.

• Haha 1