The simFlight Network Forums

New Airports For Tower 3D Pro

shyguyseattle

21 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

well anything is possible I guess, but who knows when they will have a new airport and or a update to real traffic 

they announced it back in may that edds was coming out an i wish they would do a uk airport like egll og egkk

24 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

well anything is possible I guess, but who knows when they will have a new airport and or a update to real traffic 

They updated RT July 10 would not expect one for a while.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:33 PM, Pdubya said:

At this point I am moving into the "Let's get cracking on the next version" corner.

Honestly, to me it isn't worth spending too much time anymore (after the reply to my KPHL  post) trying to convince FT to fix broader issues or airports. All we can do at this point is report the existing issues, which I think we have done well, and hope they build the new version to correct some underlying fundamental gameplay behavior and capabilities.

I have a mental laundry list of stuff I would like to see changed, fixed or improved upon; possibly scrapped and re-imagined or re-coded. Pretty much all the same ones you guys know about already.

So here's looking forward to the next version of Tower3D! Pro.

This is for surely be happen. We are also planning for some fundamental code changes. T!3D is using lots of code pieces from T!2011 but the next version will get a total workout. Just to give you an idea we are already know that the pushback code will be dropped to avoid the spinners on the code level. I would also like to see some standardized graphics as it also need to get some improvement not to mention lots of other stuff 🙂 I promise we will open a wishlist just on time to try to implement fro it as much as it make sense and reasonable.. 

Thank you

Vic

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I went to London Heathrow for 2 days last weekend for a spotting trip.  I knew it was one of the busiest airports worldwide but you need to be there to see the variety of airliners and plane types. It was amazing! I praise to the lord that EGLL will be released as soon as possible. 

I have said it many times and will probably add it again when time comes for suggestions. Please, please add better surporit for GA airplanes. Traffic patterns and such. Its one thing to have the big guys come in one after the other on a straight approach angle. Basically its all about "Cleared to land" and "taxi to parking". Thats not how it works on many airports, at least not the small and medium sized ones. You have Cessna 172s and Pipers Cherokees coming in from all angles that you need to calculate for a good flow and not to mention the patterns for traffic doing T&G. Thats where the fun begins and situations many controllers need to face every day. I admit perhaps this is nothing that happends on the worlds largest airport like KSEA, KLAX or Heathrow etc but on so many other airports.

Mike        

I am currently messing about trying out a few schedules for TIST (only coz it's a simple layout).  Some are very simple GA, with about 5 or 6 in the visual circuit doing t & g etc.  I am then going to mix it in with some commercial arr/deps.  I'll let you know how (IF) it goes.  I am an ex controller (Mil) and very much enjoy the whole ATC sim environment.

Roger

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

hey I noticed something in tower 2011 are the creators putting airports in tower 3d and tower 3d pro based on tower 2011

The answer is yes, but not exclusively.  Vic himself confirmed this a long time ago.  My guess is that their old Tower2011 airports serve as a sort of blue print, which makes designing the 3D version a little faster than starting from scratch.  Note that EDDM was not made for Tower2011.  There has also been confirmation the EDDS and YSSY are in the pipes, and neither of those were done for Tower2011 either.

Andrew

1 hour ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

hey I noticed that the launch customer for the Boeing 737 Max-9 will be Alaska Airlines when they add the max-9 will the new livery for Alaska airlines be on that jet for Alaska Airlines as that is what boeing is painting the new planes to have their new livery.

Then you had better tell Boeing because they think differently.......

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-03-21-Boeing-Delivers-First-737-MAX-9

• Haha 1