The simFlight Network Forums

EGLL released this morning

ATC AlaskaGuy

At last

However, for Real Traffic and Real Color (Colour), what year was used?
Some A380 are missing!
Also some of the cargo looks to be a little fictitious!

Also, what is British Airways Shuttle?
I have never seen any A318, A319, A320 in this livery or use this callsign!

• Confused 2

46 minutes ago, MJKERR said:

At last

However, for Real Traffic and Real Color (Colour), what year was used?
Some A380 are missing!
Also some of the cargo looks to be a little fictitious!

Also, what is British Airways Shuttle?
I have never seen any A318, A319, A320 in this livery or use this callsign!

Shuttles are domestic BA flights.  They normally use alpha-numeric callsigns instead of the flight numbers used by Real Traffic.  For example the LHR - MAN - LHR is always SHT 2 / 3 followed by a letter so SHT2K northbound and SHT3J southbound.  The letters change throughout the day but 2 and 3 are always used for the Manchester shuttle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Real traffic is based around real life operations of 11th Dec 2019 (pre covid to get maximum benefit) with some minor alterations for game deficiencies and RT timings and some minor additional cargo from March this year for enjoyment.  RC cargo is genuine not fictitious and more liveried have been added in the RC than in the RT from recent observations to allow "custom" schedules to be created for more modern day activity if required and more value for money. This from viewing FR from October/November this year and watching big jet TV. Look and you will see them. 

BA Shuttle is the call sign for UK domestic BA (so is BA livery) to allow ATC to path them quickly if required (search Google or watch FR call signs and you will see) or listen to live ATC ops. Game will not allow alpha characters as call signs unfortunately (it ignores them) so cannot 100% replicate real life so wil probably have the BA flight number but prefixed with the Shuttle SHT call sign rather than Speedbird BA,

So in an example from earlier today I guess it would show as BA1445 in the schedule as an BA livery A319 with the the SHT Shuttle call sign as a domestic UK BA flight

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

Real traffic is based around real life operations of 11th Dec 2019 (pre covid to get maximum benefit) with some minor alterations for game deficiencies and RT timings and some minor additional cargo from March this year for enjoyment.  RC cargo is genuine not fictitious and more liveried have been added in the RC than in the RT from recent observations to allow "custom" schedules to be created for more modern day activity if required and more value for money.

This confirms that the cargo aircraft included are fictitous, as the 2019 timetable and slots, and why they are not in my timetable

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Pedantic G said:

BA Shuttle is the call sign for UK domestic BA (so is BA livery) to allow ATC to path them quickly if required (search Google or watch FR call signs and you will see) or listen to live ATC ops. Game will not allow alpha characters as call signs unfortunately (it ignores them) so cannot 100% replicate real life so wil probably have the BA flight number but prefixed with the Shuttle SHT call sign rather than Speedbird BA,

So in an example from earlier today I guess it would show as BA1445 in the schedule as an BA livery A319 with the the SHT Shuttle call sign as a domestic UK BA flight

I was not aware of the difference in callsign, always hear Speedbird and flight codes BAxxxx
Equally, was not aware callsigns were used in the files, I have never used them

• Confused 3

On 12/10/2020 at 6:34 PM, MJKERR said:

This confirms that the cargo aircraft included are fictitous, as the 2019 timetable and slots, and why they are not in my timetable

They are not fictitous? They are real life cargo operators who have/and do fly into Heathrow historically and currently and have been added to the RC for those that want to create their own schedules and not stick ridgely to the published schedule to suit their own requirements (as per certain You Tubers and other such entertainment media!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I love the new airport! I did find something very unusual. Often, I hear the controller's voice use "Detroit" for the tower call sign. I listen carefully and I'm sure that is what I am hearing. Does anyone have this experience?

Maybe the next surprise airport is DTW? Did you guys somehow mix the files?

Don't know what to say, it is on both my computers. Still think this is one of the best schedules without someone doing a new schedule.

6 hours ago, rmcglew said:

I love the new airport! I did find something very unusual. Often, I hear the controller's voice use "Detroit" for the tower call sign. I listen carefully and I'm sure that is what I am hearing. Does anyone have this experience?

Maybe the next surprise airport is DTW? Did you guys somehow mix the files?

Don't know what to say, it is on both my computers. Still think this is one of the best schedules without someone doing a new schedule.

I thought so to but with 68 year old earring I just wrote it off. Glad someone else heard it to.

9 hours ago, gpr49697 said:

Haven't seen it in steam yet? any idea when it will be released?

FeelThere did not include it in the DLC list on the Tower!3D Pro sales page, for whatever reason.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493500/Tower3D_Pro__EGLL_airport/

(The same goes for KIAD, by the way, which is also only accessible via a manual search in the Steam Store.)

7 minutes ago, EliGrim said:

If you browse for it, it does. https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/588190/Tower3D_Pro/#browse

But, at least for me, not on the main steam store page, where 99.9% of the players would buy DLCs from. https://store.steampowered.com/app/588190/Tower3D_Pro/

As of: 2020-12-13

IDK if it matters but mine is throught the app on my desktop

10 hours ago, rmcglew said:

I'm 63 and I thought it was my imagination also. Thanks for verifying in not yet hearing things.

I am certainly no expert at ATC but I believe what we are hearing is correct. It is pronouncing Heat-row (no "TH" sound) as this does not come across on radio, same as three pronunced as tree and so on... The way the computer AI reads it may sound a little off, same as some of the airlines it attempts.

On 12/13/2020 at 5:05 AM, EliGrim said:

If you browse for it, it does. https://store.steampowered.com/dlc/588190/Tower3D_Pro/#browse

But, at least for me, not on the main steam store page, where 99.9% of the players would buy DLCs from. https://store.steampowered.com/app/588190/Tower3D_Pro/

As of: 2020-12-13

It was an issue on our end. It's fixed now.

Thank you

Vic

• 3 months later...