The simFlight Network Forums

Big News!!! CYVR - Vancouver for Tower3D/Pro is OUT!

FeelThere Ariel

VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - CYVR - FOR TOWER3D/PRO IS OUT!!!

500x333.jpg

Hello Folks, we are thrilled to announce our next great release for Tower!3DPro! A huge thanks to all the community for their support, suggestions, and patience! 

You can purchase CYVR right away in our webstores as usual! 

CYVR - ATCsuite

CYVR - Feelthere.com

The Real Color is already available, as is the Real Traffic update for CYVR. Remember to redownload RT to get the update! 

Vancouver tower wishes you a good flight!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

On a f***ing thursday again, so non-Steamers will have to wait a week for their payment to be processed... *sigh*

What? What do you mean?

I bought it an hour ago and it's a lot of fun! But not as busy as I had expected. Maybe the evening rush is more busy than the morning hours...

6 hours ago, pkorkala said:

What? What do you mean?

I bought it this evening. And I just made the payment. That hopefully gets processed by my bank and by Commerzbank on Friday. Which means that BMT will have it on Monday, if I'm lucky (if not, it's Tuesday or Wednesday, and if I get f****d up the a**e by that partly state-owned mess that's called Commerzbank, the payment will be made next Friday, because next Thursday is a national holiday). And then I'll get the keys and download links.

Believe it or not: When FeelThere publishes on Monday or Tuesday, I can start controlling the new airport on Wednesday or Thursday.

Good fun airport!
Hope some fixes come soon though.  

Had a lot of planes spinning in circles during push back and after they received taxi clearance for departure before connecting to the runway and moving out. 
Had other planes that pushed onto taxiway J had some glitches where they would push straight back and lock there facing the apron and got stuck there unable to taxi like they were not connected to it. 

• Upvote 1

I was just curious about something with CYVR in the file cyvr_airplanes I see that the A320N and the A321N are now listed in that file but I don't know what airlines actually use that aircraft I do no for a fact that Alaska Airlines has some A321N's but that is the only one that I can Figure out that used it and isn't listed in the texturepack 18 file so my question is why did they put those aircraft in the airplane list but not with actual airlines yet.

37 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

I was just curious about something with CYVR in the file cyvr_airplanes I see that the A320N and the A321N are now listed in that file but I don't know what airlines actually use that aircraft I do no for a fact that Alaska Airlines has some A321N's but that is the only one that I can Figure out that used it and isn't listed in the texturepack 18 file so my question is why did they put those aircraft in the airplane list but not with actual airlines yet.

The airplanes_txt file is just a growing list copied over from airport to airport release. The NEO's were added ready for the EDDM RC and SP update which is due shortly and was used for the Vancouver airport release. 

Also, you never know in the future, a A20N and A21N for a Canadian or US based carrier will fly into Vancouver and the type added in a future US or Canadian new airport release.  I am sure someone will create a new CYVR custom schedule with them in and therefore the airport is future proofed 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alaskaGuy2018 said:

well what airlines can I or can't I use this for or is not something that airline would have the livery for yet until the eddm rc update is available or can I use them for the airport in CYVR 

No Neo's are available until the EDDM release.

21 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

@Ripskin thank you for your insight. Could you please share with us some screenshots and logs for us to refer to? 

I don't think I have the logs from that session but I recorded the entire play through, it is scheduled to post tomorrow as a play through on Battlehawk77's schedule. 

Here are some screen grabs from that: 
I cleared a plane to take off on 08L but it decided to turn around and drive into the plane that was waiting behind it

image.png.da04fa397a740a161cfbe57f3a2562ed.png

Here a plane (PCO551) has been trying to back up onto JC for a push back to 08L but was spinning in circles for a little while before finally getting out.

image.png.16cf182d37fe02467aadae7e3e5d91a4.png

Unfortunately that plane once backed out acted like it could not find the link from push back to taxiway and refused to move. 

image.png.7f6d317813af574a527e6b7c5e5189b7.png

Here another plane has the same issue once pushed back, no issues with the push...Once pushed and I issued a taxi path it lost the link and wouldn't go anywhere.

image.png.1b007f8940adf38f30d8c1dd452aa2e5.png

I hit the upload limit so I'll add one more I recall the timing for in a subsequent post.

21 hours ago, FeelThere Ariel said:

@Ripskin thank you for your insight. Could you please share with us some screenshots and logs for us to refer to? 

This one was spinning for about 4 minutes. Oddly it called in 1 minute after pushing.  I changed the destination runway but it should have begun to roll.  I ignored it expecting it to roll out and wait to cross 08R.  I checked in a few minutes later to see it spinning in circles trying to find the taxiway.   Eventually though it found its way out and began taxiing and completed successfully. 

image.png.e65ac7423c9aa90ad0c3fe99b1b58136.png

23 hours ago, Ripskin said:

Good fun airport!
Hope some fixes come soon though.  

Had a lot of planes spinning in circles during push back and after they received taxi clearance for departure before connecting to the runway and moving out. 
Had other planes that pushed onto taxiway J had some glitches where they would push straight back and lock there facing the apron and got stuck there unable to taxi like they were not connected to it. 

For me it wasn't on Taxiway J. Some planes would push back and spin into the terminal. I'll get the log file

Got a chance to play again tonight and rushed in before enabling logging so apologies on that front 😞
Overall this one was much better and a lot of fun but still had a few glitches:

Here I cleared the first plane to line up and wait.  The other plane was back on alpha and I had only given them their continue taxi command to leave the apron.  They proceeded to drive onto the runway and park in the waiting plane. 

image.png.cde1b430f6c755a3f71a7503f4c1f590.png

This is just another plane doing the push back tango:

image.thumb.png.a174d07e4fc25a58dffe65c7218a347c.png

output_log.txt

Edited by Ripskin
Adding log file

Uhm, by the way...

Why are the runways - although being not only named 08L/26R and 08R/26L, but also oriented at 080°/260° - oriented at 284° in-game?

Because when I issue a go-around, my follow-up instruction is always 5 degrees to the outside of the airport, so they almost maintain runway heading (which is the normal procedure) until they passed the airport. But when you say: "XXX1234 turn right heading 265" they will almost make a 360, won't they? Because orientation-wise, 265° is LEFT of the runway... Or is 360° also turned 14 degrees clockwise?

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

Why are the runways - although being not only named 08L/26R and 08R/26L, but also oriented at 080°/260° - oriented at 284° in-game?

If I'm not mistaken, the game uses the magnetic headings versus true headings.  

According to AirNav, CYVR has a magnetic variation of 19° East. http://www.airnav.com/airport/CYVR

08L and 08R have a magnetic heading of 062° and true heading of 081°.

26L and 26R have a magnetic heading of 242° and true heading of 261°.

12 has a magnetic heading of 104° and true heading of 123°.

30 has a magnetic heading of 284° and true heading of 303°.

The Jeppesen charts I have show 26L/R at 263° with a 17°E variation. Regardless, if 284° is the heading for these runways in the game then something is off.

It is off. I mean, it's not like you couldn't see it from the orientation of the field in ADIRS alone...

UAL1193 lined-up and waiting on 26L with a recorded heading of 284 (see left corner):

CYVR-UAL1193-LUAW-26L.jpg.4e59f375fc89bb6ed5960261fc995202.jpg

UAL1193 airborne after giving the instruction to fly the (according to you) true heading 261 (upper right corner):

CYVR-runway-orientation.thumb.jpg.3dd9899b45f18b117db738ea867f4bd6.jpg

Bonus: This Korean 777 is also a little off the line after arriving at the gate... could that be 23° off?

Korean-777-off-line.jpg.e6da3158579d7809c9b439d3f6f4caaa.jpg