The simFlight Network Forums

TOWER! XX WISHLIST

FeelThere_Vic

Dear Folks,

The time has come and we are opening a wishlist topic for our next Tower! XX version.
Please note:
-we will not reply to all requests
-we will not acknowledge or confirm any wishes
-some of the ideas will make the next version some of them are not
-for some suggestion, we will ask for details but not for all of them 
-ti keep it clean please only suggestions for the next version.

Please don't get offended if we don't reply or comment, we will need to check it on our end and see if we can reasonably add into the next version. We don't know when will the next version be available.

Thank you

Vic

• Like 1

Hey, i just thought about this idea yesterday when i tried out YMML:

It would be nice, if one could configure the runways a bit more when starting up a session (regarding arrivals). I was thinking about defining which runways will be GA-Arrivals only / Commercial only or mixed arrivals. I addition to that it would be nice to decide wheater a certain runway is open for all aircraft types or just heavies.

For example playing YMML in the config: 27 for arrivals only, 34 for all departures and some heavy arrivals. I´d like to be able to adjust the runway settings so the runway 34 only has arriving heavies and that all other smaller planes go to runway 27.

On the other hand a percentage slider would be nice so one can decide on the percentage of planes that arrive on a specific runway. If for example on an airport most of the planes arrive on one runway and the other runway is used not so often, one could put the slider for the first runway to 90% and the other to 10% 🙂

One more thing: Adding the ability to use the runway setup as it is used right now in the real world would add a lot of realism if one wishes for that ^^

Thank you!

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure how much of this is pie in the sky that sounds like a good idea, but in reality is NOT a good idea -- but it would be cool to have a mechanism that allows a multiplayer session include hooks into Tracon.  In my heart of hearts, it would be cool to have:

(a) a multiplayer tracon where two players can play either departure or arrival.

(b) a multiplayer tower!3dx where two players can play ground and tower.

(c) a mechanism that enables those to games to register with one another and...

(d) enable hand off to send flights between the two games.

This alas, probably can't be in scope for tower!3dx -- other than if it's a future vision that you like the idea of, think about how to structure the multiplayer server or how arrivals and departures work to enable a more real-time approach to things.  E.g. if you load arrivals and departures from a static schedule and don't permit changes to it in any way, there's no way to inject new flight information.  On the other hand if you have an API that enables that -- it makes it possible to imagine how in the future this could be a multiplayer setup you could have.

Short version -- I think my ask for tower!3dx is to think ahead into some of the future kinds of gameplay you might want to exploit, and structure the engine and mechanics around requirements that said future might dictate.  In this case, I think it'd be a pretty invisible-to-customers addition to the game, but provides an interesting foundation for future expansion.

• Upvote 1

Here is my list (been slowly collecting it since the day after launch).  I put asterisks next to items I feel are especially needed.

*-Multiple fixed POVs (user selectable) (i.e. Tower, ramp tower, end of the runway, cargo ramp, major intersections, etc.)

-Chase plane view

-There should be two options for schedules, Fixed (user-made) and randomly generated (but based on airlines known to serve a given airport).  Having this would suit different styles of play.

*-Colors should be more vibrant

*-Downloadable real world weather, or at least allow users to set the desired wind direction/speed along with other weather parameters.

*-Visible landing lights on airborne aircraft

-Real pilot voices

-International terminals need to be handled differently, so that flights are not classified just by carrier,  but by destination/origin.  For example, at KATL, DAL does fly out of international terminal, but you will not see DAL MD-80s and CRJs there.  Instead it will usually be A330s,767s and 777s.  The small fries mostly go to other terminals.

-Aircraft should periodically need to be towed between terminals and maintenance facilities.

*-Provide a way for aircraft that get into in nose-to-nose situations to be towed out of the way.  When this happens IRL (rare but it does happen), life does not stop permanently, it is just delayed for a while and someone gets yelled at and towed out of the way 🙂

-Holding pads should be incorporated where appropriate.

-Catering trucks, waste disposal trucks, wing walkers, need I say more 🙂

-I understand that you do not wish to depict crashes, but there should still be emergencies.  Aircraft that need to return to the gate because of sick passenger or mechanical failure or other problems.

-Player should be evaluated on average time from runway to gate, and from gate to runway

-Speaking of seasons...  We need them.  Have the trees change color and the length of the day and night vary realistically.  In winter weather, aircraft should require a visit to a deicing station, prior to departure.

-Please incorporate more realistic cargo terminals with actual buildings.

-If RT and RC will continue to be sold as add-ons, then they should be purchasable/install able from within the game.

-Ability to work Ground, and have the Tower position automated in single player mode.  At bigger airports, the player should even be able to chose among several positions (i.e. ground northside, ramp tower, etc.) to work, as well as being able to combine them.

-Aircraft landing speeds should be less sluggish, and planes should clear the runway quickly. 

-A "cleared for immediate takeoff" command to expedite departures when necessary.

-"Turn right/left on Taxiway xxx" command.

-We need a "Give way" command.  i.e. "Give way to DAL 737 before joining taxiway Mike."

*-Pushback instructions need to include "tail north/south/east/west"

-Gates need to be spaced farther apart, so that planes are not crammed together unrealistically at crowded airports like KLGA

-Allow for multiple liveries of the same airline and airframe (e.g. SWA uses several different liveries for their 737-800s)

-User-controlled spacing requirements for approaches (i.e 5 miles, 8 miles, 10 miles); this could be incorporated by allowing us to "send a request" to Approach Control

Andrew

• Upvote 3

While I managed the Discord multiplayer server (Tower_MP) we had a dedicated channel for wishlist items for the next version of the Tower series. Below is an unedited/just as they were submitted compilation of all 69 wishlist items.   

Wishlist Number: 1
wishlist Item: that all previous airports be upgradeable to work with in the new version with minimal cost.
Wishlist details: All airports currently in the base game of tower 3d pro and its expansion airports.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 2
WISHLIST ITEM: Cross runway commands included
WISHLIST DETAILS:  As above

WISHLIST NUMBER: 3
WISHLIST ITEM: Taxi speeds to be realistic
WISHLIST DETAILS:  When planes have landed, plane holds speed until close to its exit taxiway

WISHLIST NUMBER: 4
WISHLIST ITEM: Action cameras to be more customisible
WISHLIST DETAILS:  To be able to choose when to zoom and to be able to hold zoom, choose position of camera (eg from behind, from above)

WISHLIST NUMBER:  5
WISHLIST ITEM:  Multiplayer TRACON inclusion
WISHLIST DETAILS:   Expand the game to include a TRACON section, and integrate it with multiplayer. This could create a simulation of at least 4 player games (Ground, Tower, Approach, Departure)

WISHLIST NUMBER: 6
WISHLIST ITEM: Reduce the approach distance from 20NM to about 10NM
WISHLIST DETAILS: A 20NM finale is not realistic most Towers don't get the call more than 10NM out(here at CYYZ its about 5-7miles out is their control range)
EDIT: I really don't care if they decide to show us 20NM out like it is now but having control that far out is as stated before unrealistic and does not happen

WISHLIST NUMBER: 7
WISHLIST ITEM: Some form of emergencies/special situations 
WISHLIST DETAILS: Have some type of emergencies(eg:low fuel or something) or have a departure have to return for some reason(which can happen) or have a plane come in diverted from another airport or something.... somethings could be difficult to implement but something more dynamic like emergencies would be neat and keep gameplay fresh and exciting and not just clearing planes for takeoff and landings

Wishlist Number: 8
Wishlist Item: Realistic Weather and Seasons
Wishlist details: see above The weather afffecting incomeing and outgoing planes ie snow storms that turn into blizzards and the Clearing of runways

WISHLIST NUMBER: 9
WISHLIST ITEM: Be able to see what gate an arrival is going to park at before giving the command to taxi to ramp/terminal/apron
WISHLIST DETAILS: see above- its annoying to have to give an additional taxi to ramp command because you just guessed at where they wanted to park

WISHLIST NUMBER: 10
WISHLIST ITEM: Granular parking assignments
WISHLIST DETAILS:  Assign parking at the gate (instead of terminal) level

WISHLIST NUMBER: 11
WISHLIST ITEM: Differentiate regional airlines by carrier 
WISHLIST DETAILS:  A common example I use is that Compass flies for both American and Delta into LAX. The national carrier they are flying for should determine the livery and parking assignment.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 12
WISHLIST ITEM: Improve runway assignments for arriving planes
WISHLIST DETAILS:  A major issue I have at some airports (KBOS, KPHL, and KLAS come to mind) is that the sim will assign runways to planes that wouldn't realistically land there. Medium to big planes getting sent to 17/35 at KPHL and large waives of commercial jets at KLAS sent to the 19s (primarily used by GA) when the 26s are open with little to no traffic. A possible solution would be to add a new function where the next X number of arrivals are previewed (before they show up on radar) with the proposed landing runway.  The proposed landing runway could then be changed. This function could be the responsibility of another player/controller or an existing position (most likely tower).  Bottom line, it's really not our place to figure out a solution - it just needs to be improved.

WISHLIST NUMBER 13
WISHLIST ITEM: Airport Ops
WISHLIST DETAILS: Having basic Airport Operations on and around the airport. Such as tugs moving from ramp to ramp communicating with ground or Ops vehicles performing runway inspections. It could add a lot more realism and immersion into what its like working Ground/Tower.

wishlist number 14
wishlist item: being able to pushback on every taxiway
wishlist details: sometimes I've got the problem that planes dont always pick up the command to hold short of a certain taxiway so planes get on a collision course on the same taxiway with no exit. Being able to get out of that situation with things like a pushback truck would be nice.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 15
WISHLIST ITEM: Taxing on Runways
WISHLIST DETAILS: I'd like to be able to command planes to taxi on a runway. KBOS in real life has planes taxi on the crossing runways to the ramp to avoid planes having to slowly taxi on the landing runway to the end. Ex: Planes arriving 04R will taxi on 15L to N to the ramp.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 16
WISHLIST ITEM: Ground vehicles perform realistically
WISHLIST DETAILS: Ground vehicles follow correct roadways, ground vehicles dont drive through/get in the way of taxiing planes

WISHLIST NUMBER: 17 
WISHLIST ITEM: Planes use runway exits correctly
WISHLIST DETAILS: Planes exit at high speed exits at speed, when exiting runway the plane doesn't dead stop before continuing taxi, planes don't stop with their tail out onto the runway

WISHLIST NUMBER: 18
WISHLIST ITEM: Give Way
WISHLIST DETAILS: I'd like to be able to command planes to give way to a plane pushing or to one coming out of the alley.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 19
WISHLIST ITEM: The ability to rotate the map within the ADIRS
WISHLIST DETAILS: Would like the ability to be able to rotate the taxiway map within the ADIRS to maximise the amount of space within the window. So if the map is say at a 45 degree angle, I would like to be able to make it at 0 degrees (diagonal slant to horizontal)

WISHLIST NUMBER: 20
WISHLIST ITEM: Updrade of 3d Game graphics to HD level
WISHLIST DETAILS: The quality of the current graphics are old school now and need to be far sharper than currently and at least HD level. Lagging way behind the standards of modern games being released now at similar prices.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 21
WISHLIST ITEM: One for Gabor which he could do now...Cargo plane model skins not to have windows and defined as F (ie 748F, etc)
WISHLIST DETAILS: Hopefully speaks for itself and would look great when combined with better graphics as in WL 20 above

WISHLIST NUMBER: 22
WISHLIST ITEM: Completely re-model all current aircraft to be modelled to all the same scale.
WISHLIST DETAILS: Aircraft can be seen currently in game to be different scales. i.e. the b739 seems large compared to a b767. Plenty of other instances of this.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 23
WISHLIST ITEM: Modding Tools
WISHLIST DETAILS: To provide modding tools to the community so we don't have to develop our own. Main ones I was thinking of were:
a) Schedule Developer
b) Airport Editor (sort of like AFCAD design for Flight Sim is what I am thinking here)
c) Ability to repaint default aircraft skins using PS or other image editor

WISHLIST NUMBER: 24
WISHLIST ITEM: Better terminology in given instructions. See details below.
WISHLIST DETAILS: As much as I appreciate that the developers primary language isn't English; I think the current statements given are really poor and could be improved. This isn't a given for every single command.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 25
WISHLIST ITEM: Modernize the equipment (ADIRS, DBRITE, STRIP) and take advantage of multiple screens in the design/use
WISHLIST DETAILS: The Dubai ATC video I posted shows that the equipment used by controllers has advanced quite a bit while FeelThere keeps us in the 20th century. I can't find anything on ADIRS anymore. ASDE-X  has been around for quite a while and in use at most US airports released thus far. I'm sure there are alternatives also.  The DBRITE is pretty basic and could use some enhancing. Our STRIPs are digital but have none of the digital functionality (like status updates and categorization).  Regarding the second part of my wishlist. I can understand having less functionality and keeping these items small/compact for single screen users. But for those that use multiple screens, take advantage of the real estate.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 26
WISHLIST ITEM: Progressive taxi
WISHLIST DETAILS: Currently when routing a plane on the ground we must provide an entire route to the endpoint (RAMP/APRON/TERMINAL or RUNWAY). In real life this doesn't always happen as a controller is just trying to get a plane from A to B. Additionally if we get to handle occupied gates, progressive taxi will be necessary. Theoretically, this is already on the list for the next version (https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85206-ai-routing-issues/?do=findComment&comment=515395) but I don't want to let FeelThere off the hook.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 27
WISHLIST ITEM: Use preferred callsign pronunciations (Group form and heavy/super)
WISHLIST DETAILS: Tower!3D Pro and Tower!2011 only use single digits (example: "United Five One Seven") for callsigns. The preferred method by the FAA is called group form. The following are examples in the  official policy: “American Fifty−Two”, “Delta One Hundred”, “Eastern Metro One Ten”, “General Motors Thirty Fifteen”, “United One Zero One”, “Delta Zero One Zero”, “TWA Ten Zero Four.”  Additionally the FAA states that the word super/heavy must be used as part of the identification in all communications with or about super/heavy aircraft. Example: "“United Fifty−Eight Heavy".

WISHLIST NUMBER: 28
WISHLIST ITEM: Enhance generic use of handoffs
WISHLIST DETAILS: (a)  In most airports you very seldom hear the pilot contact Tower - it's usually the other way around - Tower contacts the pilot. Once Ground has given final taxi instructions and is ready to handoff, they will say something like "Monitor Tower 118.1". At this point control passes to the tower controller but the pilot doesn't talk (no "with you") but switches to the tower frequency and listens. (b) In some handoffs the frequency should be passed (Example; "Contact Ground 121.65") and at some airports a specific name is used ("Contact SoCal Departure" ).

WISHLIST NUMBER: 29
WISHLIST ITEM: String/combine commands together
WISHLIST DETAILS: The current process is basically one command, one transmission. I would like to see the ability to string/combine commands together. Simple examples would be issuing a taxi via and hold short together -and- issuing a cross runway and contact ground together.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 30
WISHLIST ITEM: As tower controller, have the ability to request that an arrival aircraft approach at a given speed (increase or decrease it's approach speed).
WISHLIST DETAILS:  e.g. "[callsign], increase approach speed to 150 knots" or "[callsign], decrease approach speed to 140 knots". Realism would be required here on the developers side due to different aircraft sizes and weights obviosuly. This happens in reality at most UK airports. e.g. At "medium-small" airports tower controllers control the approach speed of aircraft for seperation purposes. At major airports such as Heathrow, the arrival controller will control the approach speeds.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 31
WISHLIST ITEM: If commands are issued, have the aircraft follow them immediately without the need to stop, unless instructed to via hold short command OR due to airport hold short points (e.g. runway entry points).
WISHLIST DETAILS: i.e. If a controller issues a "continue taxi" command  to an aircraft with a hold short command, the aircraft ignores the original hold short command and follows the given new command immediately without stopping.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 32
WISHLIST ITEM: Strip info auto update improvements
WISHLIST DETAILS:  Add the following strip info automatically:

- Arrival exits for the tower controller
- Departure takeoff hold short points for ground controller

WISHLIST NUMBER: 33
WISHLIST ITEM: Controller annotations (if used) on the strip to be automatically visible to both controllers. 
WISHLIST DETAILS: The strip currently holds the ability to add custom notes. However at this current time, only the controller who makes the notes can see them. I feel it would be handy to have an auto sync function so that both controllers can see each others notes.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 34
WISHLIST ITEM: Inclusion of SIDs and STARs (inc. clearances). See details below.
WISHLIST DETAILS: Was thinking more along the lines of including a SID (standard instrument departure on this one) as it would be so much more realistic.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 35
WISHLIST ITEM: Introduce Control Customisation.
WISHLIST DETAILS:  Allow users to customise controls such as the PTT key.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 36
WISHLIST ITEM: File Sync option in game for making sure users have the same files prior to starting a MP session.
WISHLIST DETAILS: Have an option in the MP menu to allow the host to sync files between both parties so they have the same files. Would be great for custom schedules.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 37
WISHLIST ITEM: Follow "Call Sign"
WISHLIST DETAILS: Same as "Follow Company" but with aircrafts from other companies

WISHLIST NUMBER: 38
WISHLIST ITEM: Read Back, then Next Request
WISHLIST DETAILS: In the current version, when a plan has a request (to push/taxi/land) they will call the controller regardless of if the controller just gave another plane instructions. I’d like for the instruction read-back to occur first, then the next request.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 39
WISHLIST ITEM: A cancel voice command button/control
WISHLIST DETAILS: Add a control or button which we can click or press to cancel a current voice command that is currnetly being translated. I don't like the current system whereby if you make a mistake or the sim mis-understands you, that you have to hold the PTT key down so that the command can be forgotten in order for you to retry. A control or button in the sim to cancel this would be useful, so you do not have to wait.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 40
WISHLIST ITEM: Ability to decide how many hours of flights should be loaded
WISHLIST DETAILS: Currently 8 hours of flights are being loaded when you start a session. This results in overfilled airports and in result of that in arriving planes that don´t even spawn or even departing planes that don´t get an available gate at the start of the game. You should be able to decide how many hours of flight you want to load to make both (long session players and short session enthusiasts) happy.....     (eg: slider to pick from 1-8 hours of loaded flights)

WISHLIST NUMBER: 41 
WISHLIST ITEM: Able to use more than 6 taxiways in a single instruction
WISHLIST DETAILS: The game currently has it hard coded that we can only use 6 taxiways in a single command. Seeing as LEBL has just been released with a rather large number of taxiway labels, I feel it would be beneficial if we could have unlimited taxiways when issuing taxi commands.

WISHLIST NUMBER 42: Multi player lobby
WISHLIST ITEM: Have a multiplier party finder lobby.
WISHLIST DETAILS: As a User I want the ability to go to a multiplayer lobby join on people wanting to play the game. So that I don’t need to hunt the forums to find a friend to paly with. The lobby could also check for version compatibility.

WISHLIST NUMBER 43: Dedicated server API 
WISHLIST ITEM: Allow payers to setup a dedicated server(s). 
WISHLIST DETAILS: As a User I want the ability to set up a dedicated multiplayer server(s) that players could easily find and connect to so that players don’t need to relay on the in-game multiplayer mechanics.
The idea is that I could host a game on a dedicated server, then the players could see that they were open and join in on the game. Dedicated server would do the heavy listing and, also maintain all the map and traffic files. That why players don’t need to spend hours trying to see if they have compatible files.

WISHLIST NUMBER 44: updater tool
WISHLIST ITEM: version compatibility and updater tool
WISHLIST DETAILS: As a user I want the game to inform me if a DLC (addon) is out of date so that I know to patch the DLC. If possible, it would be nice to have the game ask if we want to download the latest files. That way we don’t need to go hunting for the emails, keys and downloaders.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 45
WISHLIST ITEM: Multiplayer pause function
WISHLIST DETAILS: The ability for either player to pause the game whilst in a multiplayer session.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 46
WISHLIST ITEM: Ability to save the current session and reload from that point.
WISHLIST DETAILS: I've always thought it would be beneficial to be able to save a session, both in single player and multiplayer. Thus allowing the player to resume a session from a specified save point. With regards to naming of said save files, it could either be the user responsibility or be generic e.g. USER 1  USER 2  DATE _ AIRPORT

WISHLIST NUMBER: 47
WISHLIST ITEM:  Control live airplanes with the use of real-time data
WISHLIST DETAILS: With ADS-B and other real-time data feeds becoming more available (and required on aircraft), why not take advantage of the technology and use real-time data as the schedule. Incorporating this along with real-time weather and runway configurations would definitely be a unique experience.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 48
WISHLIST ITEM: FeelThere continues to support base game as long as airports are being developed/released 
WISHLIST DETAILS: Pro was released in Jan/Feb 2017 and support stopped for the base engine in Mar 2018 - barely a year later. However, there are serious bugs/flaws in the base engine that plague both old airports and new releases. If this is their support model in the future, is there any reason to trust/support them if they have chosen to not support their customers and products?

WISHLIST NUMBER: 49
WISHLIST ITEM: Improve documentation (game manual)
WISHLIST DETAILS: This one is more for the "just bought the sim for the first time" players. The documentation (game manual) needs seriously improving. I personally learnt more from this community, the manual provided by rameus and threads on the forum.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 50
WISHLIST ITEM: Traffic Pattern
WISHLIST DETAILS: Seriously improve this as it doesn't work as it should in game at all. OR just totally get rid of it completely.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 51
WISHLIST ITEM: Improve overall pushback
WISHLIST DETAILS: Pushback communication, including direction of pushback rather than runway. Pushback is realistic, the tug doesn't push then pull the aircraft halfway up the taxiway

WISHLIST NUMBER: 52
WISHLIST ITEM: Multiple ground/tower controllers
WISHLIST DETAILS: I added this as a discussion point for #5 but it really should be a separate item. At game setup, there should be an option to have more than 1 tower and ground controller. Example: north ground, south ground, north tower, south tower at LAX. At busier airports (like KATL) this would be a real plus. And, if FT adds some of the other features that we are requesting the responsibilities of each position will increase making multiple positions almost a necessity. Implementing it where the split in duties is user-defined would be an added bonus.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 53
WISHLIST ITEM: Military aircraft
WISHLIST DETAILS: As an example, at KPHX, there is an Air National Guard ramp on the north side of the field. It would be wonderful to see military movements at airports that have such ramps. Plus, seeing a flight of F-16s or a C-17 would definitely break up the humdrum of pushing civilian tin.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 54
WISHLIST ITEM:Fix last plane called on MP
WISHLIST DETAILS: The "Last Plane Called" command on multiplayer is totally screwed up. If the host calls this command, the client gets the reply for themselves as well and visa versa.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 55
WISHLIST ITEM: Consistant installers
WISHLIST DETAILS: All the DLC installers at the moment are not consistantly installing directly to the main Tower 3D Pro folder. This has caused many issues for those who are not so technically minded to realise the installers aren't installing files to the correct locations. It's been all over the forum.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 56
WISHLIST ITEM:Each installer needs its own uninstaller
WISHLIST DETAILS: Currently each installer for DLC installs a default "uninstall.exe". Each installer needs to have a seperate uninstaller in order for a user to uninstall the entire T3D Pro sim fully (e.g. uninstallkjfk.exe, uninstalljfkrc.exe ... etc). Not just uninstall the last DLC that was installed. i.e. If you install all airports, all RC and lastly RT. If you run the uninstaller for any of those you have installed, you will only uninstall RT as that was the last item to be installed.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 57
WISHLIST ITEM: Career Mode?
WISHLIST DETAIL: 
I would love for there to be a Career Mode feature whereby you have to rank up to be able to control at certain airports.
Also introudction of more detailed stats would be great!

WISHLIST NUMBER: 58
WISHLIST ITEM: File System designed for community made add-ons (like Flight Simulator)
WISHLIST DETAILS: A good example of what I mean is how FSX/P3D handles AI aircraft. Models would be provided and the community could use paint kits to develop airline liveries. With dynamic (next wishliste iten) schedules this would be a must have to avoid white planes

WISHLIST NUMBER: 59
WISHLIST ITEM: Dynamic schedules
WISHLIST DETAILS: Some service that could provide dynamic and live schedules. I was thinking of grabbing parameters from FlightAware or Flightradar24. To be able to choose on a 24-hour timetable it would use flights from 2-3 days ago
having problem with editing.... I didn't mean to get the information directly from FlightAware of Flightradar24... was just meant to give an idea

WISHLIST NUMBER: 60
WISHLIST ITEM: Realistic landing or departure runway requirements being met
WISHLIST DETAILS: Currently the Sim is coded so that aircraft use a fixed length interger when departing or landing on a runway - regardless of destination / origin.
In real life, even though aircraft specs for runway requirements are the same - due to the weight of an aircraft being considerably smaller for a short haul flight compared to a long haul, the aircraft that weights less due to having less fuel onboard etc will use less runway to depart or land on. 
I would love to see dynamic runway length for departures / landings being implemented - based on aircraft destination / origin.
i.e. if it is a long haul, the aircraft uses a greater distance to depart or land; whilst a short haul uses a smaller amount of runway to depart or land.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 61
WISHLIST ITEM: Consistancy in game coding files (schedule and ga traffic) !
WISHLIST DESCRIPTION: Currently when coding custom schedules, there seems to be alot of inconsistancy:
i.e. GA traffic file uses ICAO codes for the airports whereas commercial use IATA codes! And in the commercial schedule.txt file you see the departure iata, arrival iata ... then later the times are arrival, departure ... great logic here!

WISHLIST NUMBER: 62
WISHLIST ITEM: See short taxiway´s names when zooming in
WISHLIST DESCRIPTION:  For example at KPHL I recently noticed that taxiways R, V, Q, TA can be used in the game. Would be nice to be able to see them at least when zooming in in the ADIRS.

WISHLIST NYMBER 63
WISHLIST ITEM: more buttons for mouse controllers
WISHLIST DESCRIPTION: lot of typing when you have to type in contact ground/tower at every aircraft

WISHLIST NUMBER 64 
WISHLIST ITEM: New Airport KDFW
WISHLIST DISCRIPTION:  DFW should be added to Tower3d because it is the busiest airport in Texas, and it would be cool to have a home state airport to control.

WISHLIST NUMBER: 65
WISHLIST ITEM: aircraft crabbing animations in high winds
WISHLIST DISCRIPTION:I would love to see aircraft "crabbing" in high winds 😃  Whether they are on approach or departing 😃

WISHLIST NUMBER: 66
WISHLIST ITEM:  movable flightstrips
WISHLIST DISCRIPTION: Could help managing the planes in realistic way in own preference

WISHLIST NUMBER: 67
WISHLIST ITEM: different planes colors on "ADIRS"/ASDE-X
WISHLIST DISCRIPTION: Would be easier and more real to manage a huge traffic to have an eye on those leaving/entering some terminals/gates

WISHLIST NUMBER: 68
WISHLIST ITEM: Cargo Flights
WISHLIST DETAILS: have a separate ramp to where cargo planes could be included and used

WISHLIST NUMBER: 69
WISHLIST ITEM: Aircraft Sound
WISHLIST DETAIL: In-game aircraft use real sounds (takeoff whine, idle/taxi, reverse thrust) that are also 

• Upvote 7

Be able to see landing lights on airborne aircraft from far away.

Be able to customize not just terminals but also each gate in the terminal to control the size of aircraft allowed.

--- Sidenote: it would be nice to be able to break up parts within the terminal to separate airlines. Ex. KLAS terminal D is one massive terminal with mixed airlines in random places. In reality; delta occupies one pier, United another pier and so forth.

Adding on to that note; it would be nice to have scenic add-ons. For Ex. It would be nice to see the Las Vegas strip instead of weird tall buildings.

Better selection of static views not just a chase cam. (Sometimes the chase cam doesn't always work when selecting it)

Create the SLC airport. They are redoing the airport and making it really nice. It would be nice to have a local airport. 

Customize aircraft speeds to make them land on the runways at a certain point and not make it look like they are touching down right at the beginning of the runway.

Point system is more balanced. You can turn in points or achieve points for rewards of special liveries or something like that.

Those were my more important thoughts and ideas.

• Upvote 2

Hi All,

Thank you Feel There for inviting users to have an input in the next incarnation. Having read through the wish list to date I am repeating some items however the following is my list, bearing in mind that it is a wish list:-

• Wake turbulence categories - enforcement of wake turbulence rules along with "Heavy" & "Super" call signs
  • Exit fixes on departure strips - this would help decide sequencing and runway selection for departures
  • Actual gate on arrival rather than just terminal (either gate no on arrival strip or highlighted via mouse click)
  • Use of high speed exits on runways
  • Maintain speed until exiting runways
  • Expedite vacate runway command
  • Immediate take off command
  • Misc ground movements - towing between apron, hangars gates etc.
  • Ability to request increase spacing from approach (particularly for single runway air fields)
  • Push back direction
  • Set weather at start (also maintaining random preference) so that preferred runway configuration can be used in other conditions besides "clear"
  • Holding pads
  • Re-working of Real Traffic & Real Color - We have all seen on message boards the amount of confusion this causes for new players (and some old). I would hate to think of how many players may have been lost to the game due to giving up in frustration
  • Ground radar to update in increments rather than real time
  • Ground radar targets appear as blips rather than aircraft icons (admittedly this would be hard to figure aircraft direction)
  • Scoring system overhaul - admittedly I don't pay too much attention to it but it would be of interest to have a break down per airport still maintaining a total overall
  • Moe, Larry & Curly to be banned from operating the tugs - eliminate the instances of push back from some terminals spinning around and sometimes pushing back onto grass verges. I had an AFR at JFK one time push back off its track and finished up taxiing to Manhattan via the Van Wyck Expressway.
  • Weather effects performance of aircraft
  • Love the storm effects, however just a passing showery rainy day would be nice too
  • Ability to change the order of flight strips by dragging up or down
  • Requests from aircraft for different arrival/departure runway (bonus points if able maybe?) eg if you're set up at JFK with arrivals on 31L, Jetblue (not all of them mind you, that could get tedious) may request 31R which would be closer to gate
  • Cross runway XX command
  • I note that mention has been made of the distance an aircraft will check on, if this was to change I would still prefer the aircraft to be visible on radar as it is now, then checking in at the suggested distance.
  • Aircraft calls again after XX minutes of no action to remind you that they are still waiting. This also applies to anything on final that has not been dealt with prior to executing missed approach

Well... it is a "wish" list

Thanks for reading,

Graham

CUSTOMIZABLE COMMANDS
As progressive taxi will be included in XX, it would be nice to be able to customize the set of commands. While it makes sense for beginners to say the full command, the reality is a little different. So it would be nice to use "DELTA 2489, CROSS 22R, LEFT ALPHA, SHORT JULIET" instead of "DELTA2489, CROSS RUNWAY 22R, TURN LEFT ONTO ALPHA, HOLD SHORT OF JULIET".

PUSHBACK ONTO TAXIWAY CLEARANCE
If you've ever listened to Kennedy Ground, on terminals 1 and 7 there's the need for bigger jets to push back from the ramp onto Alpha. In the current version the tugs just pull them out of the alleyway onto the taxiway without clearance (for example at KLGA's Terminal_B_B - I've had a crash that way, and I don't like it; it happens at JFK on M, too). So this is a common occurrance. It is realistic. So when the push (and only the push itself, not pulling the aircraft after the push!) starts in a ramp and needs to enter a taxiway, the clearance should be explicitly contained in the request and directed at ground ("GROUND, DELTA 2489, REQUEST PUSHBACK ONTO ALPHA"). The clearance has to include it, too, of course ("DELTA 2489, PUSHBACK ON ALPHA APPROVED, FACE NORTHEAST").

AUTOMATIC RAMP CONTROL / CALL WHEN READY TO TAXI
This is connected to @Avwriter's request for automatic position handling in single player mode. When playing ground (or in a combination with tower) it can be a pain in the prolongation of the back to handle push requests in the ramp and have the aircraft standing at the position in the ramp when ready. I would appreciate, if there was an option to handle the ramp automatically from the push to holding short of the first main taxiway. This would allow for a scenario like Kennedy where the planes ready for taxi call from the alleyway short of ALPHA (even in a row). Exception: when planes need to push onto a taxiway (see above).

OPTIONAL BLOCKED RADIO
At default, it could be off. When switched on, when two or more calls on the same frequency occur at the same time, you don't hear anything but beeping. In this version, you can still talk over another pilot's transmission. In reality, the one that you direct your call at doesn't hear much.

CALLSIGNS WITH LETTERS
In the recent version, when you have a callsign like "CLX45A", the A is dropped. So when there's another "CLX45K" in the schedule, the sim interprets it as "CLX45A" and can't find the correct plane. This should be fixed in XX. (The correct callsign then being "CARGOLUX FORTYFIVE ALPHA HEAVY".)

INCLUDE MISTAKES
Nobody is perfect. Not even pilots. As you can see here (with the A350 being configured to leave at R, but the ATC assigns them runway 33R, so they call "we missed that one"), the pilots can "miss" an exit from the runway etc. (In the video you can also see that the A350 is assigned runway 33L as a taxiway - @crbascott's number 15 item.) Things like that.

REALISTIC APPROACH AND DEPARTURE FLIGHT PATHS
Just one word: Canarsie.
(This includes issueing the landing clearance while the aircraft is not on runway heading.)
This also means for the controller to be able to issue certain departure routes (like "fly the Canarsie climb") and the aircraft to follow it (the departure routes have to be defined in the airport manifests).

SHORT APPROACHES FOR GA
In the current version, the GA aircraft follow the same approach path to the runway and often get "run over" by following jets. In reality, they often are assigned approach paths with short finals (even shorter than 5 miles) and might even get a long landing request by the ATC to speed up the taxiing process.

WIND INFORMATION IN LANDING CLEARANCE
Well, this is self-explanatory...

That's it - for now.

---

Oh, I forgot something:

PRM/SOIA
Parallel approaches like flown at KSFO in reality.

Awesome list, thank you! Please keep them coming!

As I said I rather not comment any of them individually to make sure I wont open a can of worms, but so many of them on our list already. I can tell you one thing; modding tools and the graphics upgrade are our priority.
Some of the new airports we are about to release for T!3D will be used as testbeds for some new modeling and texturing methods we wish to use in the next version. Also, we updated the engine that we'll use for T! XX likely with HDRP and PBR. Our non flight sim game will use something similar graphics wise (sorry folks for the huge youtube link, I just wanted to post the link as an optional view but for some reason, the whole video was pasted and I can't modify it).

Vic

Other than real weather, a "cleared for immediate takeoff" command to expedite departures when necessary', "Turn right/left on Taxiway xxx" command, and  a "Give way" command.  i.e. "Give way to DAL 737 before joining taxiway Mike." a fix to KSAN and the trees blocking the tower view part of the terminal/taxiways/runway.  And a fix to the arrow in the wind direction indicator.

30 minutes ago, Sky King said:

Other than real weather, a "cleared for immediate takeoff" command to expedite departures when necessary', "Turn right/left on Taxiway xxx" command, and  a "Give way" command.  i.e. "Give way to DAL 737 before joining taxiway Mike." a fix to KSAN and the trees blocking the tower view part of the terminal/taxiways/runway.

Not to be critical and maybe I'm over-emphasizing the phrase "other than" but is this all you need to justify spending another $50-100 (no idea what the retail price will be) on a new version?  

I knew I forgot something. Something important:

CANCEL TAKEOFF CLEARANCE (and following procedures)
This is for the rare cases when the pilot (of a plane spinning on the threshold ^^), the controller (or his speech recognition ...) messes up (or it is one of the intentional mistakes I mentioned earlier, like at Kennedy in 2017 or at Midway in 2015). One aircraft on short final, another one on the runway with takeoff clearance, and you think that this might not end well. So you instruct the landing aircraft to go around, but if the departing plane takes off, this will be a close call, so you need to be able to cancel the takeoff clearance to get the departing plane to abort the takeoff, if possible, leave the runway, probably have the brakes checked by the fire brigate (this could be one of the emergency scenarios mentioned by Craig and Andrew), and return to the gate or to the runway, depending on how fast they were already going.

1 hour ago, DeltaVII said:

I knew I forgot something. Something important:

CANCEL TAKEOFF CLEARANCE (and following procedures)
This is for the rare cases when the pilot (of a plane spinning on the threshold ^^), the controller (or his speech recognition ...) messes up (or it is one of the intentional mistakes I mentioned earlier, like at Kennedy in 2017 or at Midway in 2015). One aircraft on short final, another one on the runway with takeoff clearance, and you think that this might not end well. So you instruct the landing aircraft to go around, but if the departing plane takes off, this will be a close call, so you need to be able to cancel the takeoff clearance to get the departing plane to abort the takeoff, if possible, leave the runway, probably have the brakes checked by the fire brigate (this could be one of the emergency scenarios mentioned by Craig and Andrew), and return to the gate or to the runway, depending on how fast they were already going.

Actually there is already something like this in the game. I've had to cancel take off clearance multiple times. If you simply just tell the aircraft that you gave clearance to re-line up on the runway it stops it's take off sequence up to a certain point and stops on the runway in which you can give commands to exit and re turn around. Once again, for me it only works up to a certain point on the runway. Once it gets past that point it continues on.

34 minutes ago, ashman99 said:

Actually there is already something like this in the game. I've had to cancel take off clearance multiple times. If you simply just tell the aircraft that you gave clearance to re-line up on the runway it stops it's take off sequence up to a certain point and stops on the runway in which you can give commands to exit and re turn around. Once again, for me it only works up to a certain point on the runway. Once it gets past that point it continues on.

But that is a workaround, just like there is a workaround for the lack of a cross runway command. In both cases, the end result in not optimal.Therefore, an actual command producing the actual desired results is the best case scenario. For me the next version needs to take this product to the next level - band-aids and workarounds are not next level.  

• Upvote 1

First time actually posting on here.

I play Boston a lot as that is my home airport.  A couple of things from playing Boston.

*I would like to see the LAHSO work correctly. Right now if you tell an aircraft to hold short of taxiway E on 22L the aircraft will turn left off the runway at TWY F instead of right.  (they use LAHSO a lot at Logan airport on 22L and 4L short of 33R).

*able to have aircraft turn off onto runways. Boston uses 33R for turnoff all the time when landing the 4's.  if this is possible I haven't figured it out. In Tower!2011 you could adjust the airfield and change so I was able to turn aircraft off of RWY 33L or 33R.

*be able to select a primary arrival runway and then a secondary arrival runway for heavies. Example, landing 27 at Boston but able to send heavies land 33L.

*option for emergency aircraft.

*option to set your own wind direction and/or real world weather could be downloaded.

*winter weather, needing to deice and wet runways causing longer landings.

*better separation between arrivals.  Right now it seems like there is no real seperation between light, heavies, etc.

*better way to add regional airlines to the right terminals and be able to adjust the terminals and gate areas.

*better landing procedures, again for example BOS RWY 32 is only RNAV and comes in from the south over the water and turns inbound and maybe the Carnise approach at Kennedy when weather is good.

*I liked in Tower!2011 you could adjust some of the landing lengths for aircraft so an aircraft editor would be nice again

*easy way to create your own airports (I grew up on the approach to the 10s at KPIT and now the airport is not as busy so I doubt it would be added into the game but I could create it myself if I had an editor).

*When I play JFK seems like aircraft landing slow down way too much and it causes the potential for go arounds because the landing aircraft is slow to get to the high speed exits. In real world a pilot would know not to slow down so much as he is still a little ways away from the high speed exit.

*give aircraft delays based on potential delays to their destination.  A flight leaving from BOS to LGA or JFK might get a delay due to weather.  Allow ground delays and ground stops so you have to send the aircraft to hold until their release time.

I love this game since the 2011 game so I think some of this would make the game better. That is all I can think of so far off the top of my head right now.

Edited by calwxman
  • Like 1

Make it moddable, steam workshop support so we can add other airlines / liveries without the need for a third party. That will save us a lot of money.
Give the community access to the airports, so the community can mod if required. Even better, give us the option to add airports.

Taxiway routes via 'way points' ?

As a retired Air Force controller I vote for realism; therefore, I would like to see most of the items listed by the previous posts included for the next Tower! XX version.  Some time ago I had already started my own list of items I would like/want for the Tower! XX product.  Even though most of these items have already been mentioned in some form or fashion, I still wanted to include my wish list input since these are the items that I would especially like to see included in the next tower product (listed in no specific order).  I also figure the more users that say they want a specific item may add more weight to that item actually being included since it appears incorporating all the wish lists/suggestions would probably not be feasible.

- A runway crossing command.

- An expedite command like “Immediate” to make the aircraft to take off faster than normal (I hear KLAX controllers clearing airplanes for take-off from the runway hold line with aircraft at 3-4 mile final (I can’t seem to make that work without getting penalized for a runway collision or a separation error).

- Game paused when penalty points are given (similar to Tower 2011).

- Capability to make speed reductions (or increases) on final (maybe something like in TRACON 2012).

- Include a “save game” feature.

- Keep scores/statistics for each individual airport instead of just a cumulative total for all airports combined.

- Add a “Give way to” command for a taxiing aircraft to give way to another aircraft at an intersecting taxiway or alley and then have the aircraft continue taxiing after the other aircraft is out of the way (ex: DL256 give way to UA127 at Taxiway “E”).

- Add a command to allow a taxiing aircraft to follow another taxiing aircraft that is not from the same company (ex: DL256 follow UA127).

- The capability for a single player to work either ground control or local (tower) control individually at busy and/or complex airports and have the other position’s traffic automated by the computer.

- Show the arriving aircraft’s actually parking gate/spot on the ADRIS when transmitting to it instead of just indicating what terminal the aircraft is going to and then having to wait until after the initial taxi command is given before we know the exact location of the gate/spot at the terminal.

- Continue to keep updating the base/core airports, especially if they have significant changes (ex: KLAX (my home airport) has had runways lengthened and taxiways added and extended to help improve the flow of traffic (I would like to be able to use the same instead of still having to use the outdated airport movement areas to move my ground traffic).

- Make sure all landing aircraft can clear the runway far enough when exiting so that larger aircraft don’t hit them (ex: KLAX Runway 24R arrivals exiting at Taxiway Z; after exiting the aircraft does not clear the runway far enough to allow a large aircraft to roll past it on landing roll out without causing a collision error).

- Have an arriving pilot make the initial call to tower at about 10 nm out; however, I would still want to see aircraft out to the 20 nm range for planning/sequencing purposes. 

- Incorporate visual approaches into the landing traffic mix.

- For more realism it would be nice to add an option to determine the percentage of runway arrivals for both commercial and GA flights when intersecting arrival runways are in use (ex: in RL most KPHL arrivals appear to land on Runways 27R/L or 09R/L; however, in the game there are usually a significantly large number of arrivals on Runways 17/35; also, same for KLAS where in RL a majority of the commercial arrivals appear to land east/west (Runway 26R/L or 8R/L) but again a lot of the time there is a significant amount of arrivals to the north/south runways (1L/R or 19L/R).

- I’d love to see military aircraft included at the appropriate airports (what else can I say! retired Air Force controller).

- Add “Heavy” or “Super” to the appropriate large aircraft call signs.

- Have a landing aircraft keep its speed up until it reaches its exit especially if you tell an aircraft to exit at a taxiway farther down the runway than it would normally exit at.

- Be able to select how many hours of scheduled flights to load per session.

- Use group form pronunciations (see cbrascott’s “WISHLIST NUMBER: 27” comment).

- Better separation between arriving aircraft on final approach to the same runway based on weight categories and final approach speeds (this is usually taken care of by the radar approach controller before sending the aircraft to the tower).

That’s it for now.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to provide my input to help make a product I already really enjoy even better.