The simFlight Network Forums

Custom (REAL) Traffic #15 -- Barcelona v1.0 -- Fall 2018/19

ATControl  -- Joe

What's up everyone, 

My name is Joe.  Thanks for checking out my custom (REAL) traffic schedules. 

You can find me at ATControl --- YouTube Home playing this game

***I create QUALITY schedules -- not QUANTITIES of schedules***

--- If you are using this in your games/videos/posts -- please make reference to ME as the owner (direct link to my YT channel)

LEBL -- Barcelona El-Prat International Airport

LEBL.jpg.fc42bf169f8f73eb82180071e0db57c3.jpg

*******SEE THIS SCHEDULE IN MOTION*******  (click links)

1.  Barcelona (LEBL) -- First Look

2.  Barcelona (LEBL) -- Holiday Lights

====================================================

((CURRENT GAME SCHEDULE -- 1/19/2019))

-- EDIT (1/17/19) -- Fixed 2 departures showing VA instead of BA.  Schedule file is now 1/19/2019.

-- EDIT (1/12/19) -- Fixed terminal file that was missing BCS.  Terminal file is now as of 1-12-2019.

-- EDIT (1/12/19) -- Fixed GA aircraft off by 1 placeholder.  GA file is now as of 1-12-2019.

====================================================

DROPBOX -- Barcelona (LEBL) v1.0 -- Fall 2018/19

***YOU MUST INSTALL THE UPDATED AIRLINES FILE TO GET MAX USE OF THE SCHEDULE ***

*** YOU MUST INSTALL THE POWER HOUR FILES DURING 0700-2200 TO ALLOW MAX USE ***

=====================================================

What to expect with LEBL v1.0 - Fall 2018/19:

**New & UPDATED airlines.txt file -- YOU MUST REPLACE THIS WITH YOUR GAME FILES FOR THE SCHEDULES TO WORK**

-- 1040 commercial flights
     --- Schedule averages ~55 flights per hour, up to 72 at peak late-morning pushes
     --- Power hour schedules for easy plug and play  -- View the Volume Chart image to pick the hour that is right for you
     --- 48 GA flights
        -- Get to know the local GA visitors and new operators to Barcelona

-- Terminal file up to date with Fall 2018/19 airline locations

Quick Links to Prior Custom (REAL) Traffic Schedules

KLAX #1 - v1.0   KLAS #2 -- v1.0   KPHL #3 -- v1.0   KLGA #4 - v1.0    KLAX #5 - v2.0   KBOS #6 -v1.0 Intro 2018  KPHX #7 -- v1.0  KJFK #8 -- v1.0  KMCO #9 -- v1.0 KLAS #10 -- v2.0  KATL #11 -- v1.0  KBOS #12 -- v2.0  KLAX #13 -- v3.0   KPHX #14 -- v2.0

HAPPY CONTROLLING! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

One bug so far. 

Start time of 16:00 (not a power hour start file), VLG8322 (1st aircraft) will not push back.  Can issue pushback commands, which they acknowledge, but never actually push back. 

Other miscellaneous...

Still having issues program-wide with the voice recognition picking up on any Avianca jet.  End up having to manually clear them with the buttons at the top. 

Also, probably also not this file but program issue, no one will taxi past approach end of 7L on taxiway N (coming up from say N2 > N taxing to T > Z8 > 7L).  Aircraft hold as if they're trying to cross an active runway.  Have to issue them a TAXI CONTINUE command to keep them moving.

Also, if you're trying to have someone depart runway 2, if you say, "Pushback Approved, expect runway 2", the system will type out "...runway two", which will error ("Negative" response from aircraft).  You have to hold the transmit button an extra 1-2 seconds before the program changes "runway two" to "runway 2" (number) at which time it will acknowledge the command and taxi accordingly.

18 minutes ago, GoalieMedic said:

Also, probably also not this file but program issue, no one will taxi past approach end of 7L on taxiway N (coming up from say N2 > N taxing to T > Z8 > 7L).  Aircraft hold as if they're trying to cross an active runway.  Have to issue them a TAXI CONTINUE command to keep them moving.

This is correct and happens at other airports ( ie KBOS, KLAX, KJFK for example) If 7L was active for arrivals there would be a conflict. The same happens on Kilo for Runway 2 and at the other end at 25R. To pass this just issue a hold short of Runway xx or taxiway x to stop them holding but IF planes are landing you will get a conflict.

Gary

49 minutes ago, GoalieMedic said:

Other miscellaneous...

Still having issues program-wide with the voice recognition picking up on any Avianca jet.  End up having to manually clear them with the buttons at the top. 1

Also, if you're trying to have someone depart runway 2, if you say, "Pushback Approved, expect runway 2", the system will type out "...runway two", which will error ("Negative" response from aircraft).  You have to hold the transmit button an extra 1-2 seconds before the program changes "runway two" to "runway 2" (number) at which time it will acknowledge the command and taxi accordingly.

1 Use the Windows built in Voice Recognition training wizards to fix this :) (See this thread).

You will be best posting a new thread for "LEBL related errors" so that Joe's thread provides support for his schedule only and not actual airport bugs.

1 hour ago, Wikk said:

He also for the record just refused to taxi from P3 after landing on 25R

This is an airport but, nothing to do with Joe's schedule. I suggest making separate threads for these types of issues you are having. 🙂 it will help FeelThere identify them more easily and they may be able to fix them.

Looking at your GA file I find it interesting at the number of US registered planes (tail numbers beginning with N) that fly in/out of LEBL to other points in Europe - 9 planes in the schedule if I counted right. On the other hand, there are 0 planes with Spain registrations (tail numbers beginning with EC) in the schedule.

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ATControl -- Joe said:

There is no rule in air traffic that states it must be spoken as nine or niner. The game understands both.  Thanks 

I disagree with your first sentence.  Here is a screenshot of FAA JO Order 7110.65W page 2-4-5.  This policy document begins "This order prescribes air traffic control procedures and phraseology for use by personnel providing air traffic control services."

FAA RT.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...