Jump to content
The simFlight Network Forums
FeelThere

SPEECH ISSUES

Recommended Posts

On 6/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, scoobflight said:

Windows has gone through many updates any/all could have broken/reset window's voice recognition.

Have you installed/removed any hardware or software since last playing the game?

Have you retrained voice recognition?

Follow the instructions in the first post of this topic including answering all questions.

ATTACH any log DO NOT post log file contents into your answering post - ONLY attach any log files.

The answer to all the tests are 'Yes'.

 

game.log speech.log

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The relevant error is:

EXCEPTION base:The language for the grammar does not match the language of the speech recognizer.

Have you followed the checklist in the first post of this thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WildCard said:

The relevant error is:


EXCEPTION base:The language for the grammar does not match the language of the speech recognizer.

Have you followed the checklist in the first post of this thread?

Please refer to my previous post.

image.png.1363ba94993a6d28daac638ecb96d59b.png

image.png.0a6dc27b1123b104ff1a7aee887d4cd1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys..

 

Not having a technical issue with speech but more a "this used to work but I have no clue what I did to make it work" thing 😉

Speech works fine for me but I used to have male/female voices added and used randomly by the game, somehow this no longer works after I reinstall OS and I can't seem to find what I needed to do to make the game pick random voices. I recall there was a tool to download additional voices which would then be used.

 

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Voice Control is nearly working
However, it cannot understand any EIGHT and enters THREE
Example
Emirates EIGHT ZERO FIVE
becomes
Emirates THREE ZERO FIVE

Taxi MIKE ONE EIGHT
becomes
Taxi MIKE ONE THREE

Any advice welcome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI Mjkerr, this happens to me all the time (not with those exact examples off course) but in general I would first make sure no background noises in your room at all,  2nd. make sure the game volume is not too loud... i.e you can hear the noise of the planes lining up on the runway, etc., third make sure you speak clearly, not too fast and maybe a little louder than you normally would; and lastly don't let go of the shift key until you see what you said show up on the screen.  Any of those things could help you.  When this happens to me as a last resort I just type the command to go on if nothing else works.  I hope this helped. Although I am not an advanced member I have grappled with this issue extensively. Ashlee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AshleeL said:

first make sure no background noises in your room at all,
2nd. make sure the game volume is not too loud... i.e you can hear the noise of the planes lining up on the runway, etc.
third make sure you speak clearly, not too fast and maybe a little louder than you normally would
lastly don't let go of the shift key until you see what you said show up on the screen

1 No background noise I am aware of, microphone tests show input in the red (ie silence) 
2 : I have all these options off, plus the computer speakers are out of the range of the microphone
3 : I had a similar issue with Tower 2011, but only had to complete the third level of speech training to resolve that one; even with completing the advance speech recognition the issue still exists
4 : I do not let go of the shift key at all! An entire phrase goes in, the callsign is incorrect; in some cases the incorrect callsign already exists so I have do delete the entire call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mjkerr said:

1 No background noise I am aware of, microphone tests show input in the red (ie silence) 
2 : I have all these options off, plus the computer speakers are out of the range of the microphone
3 : I had a similar issue with Tower 2011, but only had to complete the third level of speech training to resolve that one; even with completing the advance speech recognition the issue still exists
4 : I do not let go of the shift key at all! An entire phrase goes in, the callsign is incorrect; in some cases the incorrect callsign already exists so I have do delete the entire call

This issue now appears to be resolved
Shutdown / restart made no difference
Opened the window to get some fresh air, and now all commands are recognised
Got me on that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. Guidelines Privacy Policy We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.