The simFlight Network Forums

SPEECH ISSUES

FeelThere_Vic

On 6/7/2020 at 10:42 AM, scoobflight said:

Windows has gone through many updates any/all could have broken/reset window's voice recognition.

Have you installed/removed any hardware or software since last playing the game?

Have you retrained voice recognition?

Follow the instructions in the first post of this topic including answering all questions.

ATTACH any log DO NOT post log file contents into your answering post - ONLY attach any log files.

The answer to all the tests are 'Yes'.

game.log speech.log

4 hours ago, WildCard said:

The relevant error is:

EXCEPTION base:The language for the grammar does not match the language of the speech recognizer.

Have you followed the checklist in the first post of this thread?

Please refer to my previous post.

image.png.1363ba94993a6d28daac638ecb96d59b.png

image.png.0a6dc27b1123b104ff1a7aee887d4cd1.png

Hi guys..

Not having a technical issue with speech but more a "this used to work but I have no clue what I did to make it work" thing 😉

Speech works fine for me but I used to have male/female voices added and used randomly by the game, somehow this no longer works after I reinstall OS and I can't seem to find what I needed to do to make the game pick random voices. I recall there was a tool to download additional voices which would then be used.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

My Voice Control is nearly working
However, it cannot understand any EIGHT and enters THREE
Example
Emirates EIGHT ZERO FIVE
becomes
Emirates THREE ZERO FIVE

Taxi MIKE ONE EIGHT
becomes
Taxi MIKE ONE THREE

Any advice welcome

HI Mjkerr, this happens to me all the time (not with those exact examples off course) but in general I would first make sure no background noises in your room at all,  2nd. make sure the game volume is not too loud... i.e you can hear the noise of the planes lining up on the runway, etc., third make sure you speak clearly, not too fast and maybe a little louder than you normally would; and lastly don't let go of the shift key until you see what you said show up on the screen.  Any of those things could help you.  When this happens to me as a last resort I just type the command to go on if nothing else works.  I hope this helped. Although I am not an advanced member I have grappled with this issue extensively. Ashlee

3 hours ago, AshleeL said:

first make sure no background noises in your room at all,
2nd. make sure the game volume is not too loud... i.e you can hear the noise of the planes lining up on the runway, etc.
third make sure you speak clearly, not too fast and maybe a little louder than you normally would
lastly don't let go of the shift key until you see what you said show up on the screen

1 No background noise I am aware of, microphone tests show input in the red (ie silence) 
2 : I have all these options off, plus the computer speakers are out of the range of the microphone
3 : I had a similar issue with Tower 2011, but only had to complete the third level of speech training to resolve that one; even with completing the advance speech recognition the issue still exists
4 : I do not let go of the shift key at all! An entire phrase goes in, the callsign is incorrect; in some cases the incorrect callsign already exists so I have do delete the entire call

3 hours ago, mjkerr said:

1 No background noise I am aware of, microphone tests show input in the red (ie silence) 
2 : I have all these options off, plus the computer speakers are out of the range of the microphone
3 : I had a similar issue with Tower 2011, but only had to complete the third level of speech training to resolve that one; even with completing the advance speech recognition the issue still exists
4 : I do not let go of the shift key at all! An entire phrase goes in, the callsign is incorrect; in some cases the incorrect callsign already exists so I have do delete the entire call

This issue now appears to be resolved
Shutdown / restart made no difference
Opened the window to get some fresh air, and now all commands are recognised
Got me on that one!

2 hours ago, mjkerr said:

Now it cannot understand any MIKE and enters LIMA

I decided to go the extreme
Windows Voice Recognition, Advanced Controls
Created a new profile (Temporary)
Deleted the original profile (Owner)
Created a new profile (Owner)
Deleted the temporary profile
Shutdown and restart

So far so good

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

So ...

Please review the first post on the first page of this thread. Please provide answers to the questions asked.  Also review all pages in those tread and provide feedback of what recommendations you tried and the resulting changes to how well voice recognition works.

3 hours ago, stewie007 said:

So. The game hears me. But it doesn't understand everything i say -  I say Latitude and sometimes it hears trans global....

Yes this is EXACTLY what I experience. Windows will get me word for word as does every other program except this game which hears garbage

Not sure if this will help or not, but a common mistake I've seen people make is to start saying the callsign for the plane (ie. Latitude) and then stopping because the window displays the wrong name (ie. Trans Global). At this point the speech recognition is literally guessing (ie. it just finds the first plane in the list that has 3 syllables or more). It can't try to make a proper match until the complete callsign has been said, this includes saying all of the numbers. After those people started using the complete callsign, the accuracy increased significantly.

An example: One person I knew told me that a certain airline just didn't work when he was playing. After listening to him try 5 times and stopping after saying the airline name to show me that the wrong airline was always shown in the command window. I asked him why he wasn't saying the whole callsign, he replied that if it can't get the first part right, then it's not going to get the rest right. After, finally, convincing him to try the whole callsign, and I'm sure he only did it to make me shut up, it changed to match the correct airline and flight number. He has been using the complete callsign ever since and hasn't had a problem. 🙂

6 hours ago, WildCard said:

Not sure if this will help or not, but a common mistake I've seen people make is to start saying the callsign for the plane (ie. Latitude) and then stopping

I was deleting the speech.log file in order to read the details with ease
It was struggling with some words
After deleting the duplicate profiles I have not deleted the speech.log file since

I made one attempt at
Callsign Runway XXX cleared for takeoff upon reaching altitude one thousand contact departure
It was very slow to enter, but it was accepted
Since it is almost instant to complete the command as soon as I get to 
one thousand

Equally, my common routes are accepted almost instantly
Callsign Runway XXX at N8 via P6
Again, as soon as I get to 
N8 it completes the rest, as I have never given any other route?!

However I still have some routes that the aircraft returns
negative
Example
Callsign Runway 30R at M13A via Z5 Z J3 K12
Instead I have to give it the taxiway to Z, then wait until the aircraft is nearer to J3

Is it worth editing the speech.log file to remove the commands that are rejected so that they are never considered in future?

• 2 weeks later...

The reason this topic is getting out of hand is due to speech issues that recently started to occur. For several years I have been running Tower 3D pro with no issues. Now the speech is getting very demanding. Yes, I have followed all the steps to assure compliance. The only feasible possibility is the latest updates to Win 10. Like many on this topic, I have tried every imaginable trick, with no positive results. Could it be that Win 10 is causing the difficulty? If so, has anyone taken remedial steps to return to the good old days of younger versions of this operating system? Was it effective?

Thanks,

Nick

• 2 months later...

Vic/Team,

Sorry for this ignorant post (inexperienced PC user), how do I check to ensure that TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE are in "trusted Mode" ? I use McAfee Livesafe for Anit-virus. Also, where is the TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE file located ? I don't see it in any of my Tower3DPro folders.

Sorry for the elementary questions and just going down the list to see if I can get voice recognition with Tower 3D Pro to work.

Thanks!

Shawn

Shawn,

The  TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE is located: Feelthere>Tower!3D Pro > Tower 3d _ Data > Towerspeak. In regard to your question about "trusted Mode," this needs to be further defined. I believe you are asking how to run Tower!3D Pro in administrative mode. If so, the simple way to do this is to right click on the icon and choose "Run as administrator" each time you run the program. A more permanent solution is to right click and choose Properties, then select Security. The Security Tab will allow you to edit the Permissions for SYSTEM. 

My post of July 6th regarding Speech Issue was resolved by performing a step that someone had suggested, but at the time it seem unlikely.  The NVIDA GeForce GTX 760 video card was initially purchased and installed with the (then) new computer. For years this card's performance exceeded my expectations. About a year ago Tower!3D Pro and FSX began to give me poor frame rates and, in the case of Tower!3D Pro, lagging video and major speech recognition issues. It got to a point that the program was no longer enjoyable. The solution was to completely vacuum out the interior of the desktop then remove the video card, vacuum out the card slot and rubber erase the contacts. Life became good again as all my difficulties with both programs went away.  

I hope this helps,

Nick

14 hours ago, smirabal said:

how do I check to ensure that TOWER3D.EXE and TOWERSPEAKBRIDGE.EXE are in "trusted Mode" ? I use McAfee Livesafe for Anit-virus.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-General-Discussions/How-to-add-a-items-to-the-quot-Trusted-Items-quot-list/m-p/517084#M30684

3 hours ago, NMaggio said:

A more permanent solution is to right click and choose Properties, then select Security.

For an inexperienced PC user, I would recommend creating a shortcut on the desktop, right-clicking it, clicking Advanced and selecting "Run as administrator".

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/run-programs-as-administrator-windows-10-3632744/

Vic,

I tried going through every step and even purchased a new Yeti USB microphone. Running Windows 10 64 Bit on a brand new Alienware PC from Dell. I was running Tower 3DPro on a previous machine with no problems and not sure exactly what is going on. I've tried to install/uninstall and have done all the research I can through this forum, but I am at a loss for exactly what to do. I've attached the logs per your request. I can use the microphone with Cortana and no problems.

Shawn

image.thumb.png.c114aee86f1d7dce4ce42583882753ed.png

game.log speech.log

7 hours ago, smirabal said:

Vic,

I tried going through every step and even purchased a new Yeti USB microphone. Running Windows 10 64 Bit on a brand new Alienware PC from Dell. I was running Tower 3DPro on a previous machine with no problems and not sure exactly what is going on. I've tried to install/uninstall and have done all the research I can through this forum, but I am at a loss for exactly what to do. I've attached the logs per your request. I can use the microphone with Cortana and no problems.

What type of microphone was used on the previous specification?

I had no problems on my previous computer
My latest computer also swapped to a USB microphone, and it was the same as your issue
I swapped back to a 3.5mm jack analogue microphone and this resolved the issue